The Flight Risk

I love my little Jack Russel, but he is a pain in the ass!  Tonight he and Winnie got out the front door and HE hauled ass.  My friend yelled at Winnie “COME!” and she stopped dead in her tracks and turned around and came back, but not Wilson.  He hauled ass.  I jumped in the car and started looking for him.  About an hour later, I finally called Home Again and reported him missing.  He is microchipped and his tag has their phone number and his ID.  As LUCK would have it, he had been found.

A man down the street had seen him walking down the road, and beeped at him.  He said Wilson just kept trucking.  So he opened up his truck door and called for him – he jumped right in and he took him home. LOL  When I got there, you would have thought Wilson lived there.  He had made himself at home with the other two dogs there.  Couldn’t believe the little shit came to the door SMILING!  LOL  I was relieved that I had recovered him safely.  Taking off is just something that he is never going to grow out of.  I’m just happy to have him home.  To all you pet owners out there, a microchip is WELL WORTH the $20-30 investment.  Both of mine are chipped, and I cannot sing its praises enough.  Tonight may have ended very differently had it not been for that chip!!

PS:  The guy was HOT!  (and no wedding ring LOL)  Did Wilson meet his new stepfather tonight? hahahahah!!  I KID!!!!

1. PQ

So glad you found him!!! Glad he is microchipped. I have always chipped my dogs. It is worth every cent!

2. Kelley Stewart

Got a question. I’m kinda new to this blog thing and I approved a comment by you but didn’t actually see a comment, just a link to your blog. Is this common? Did you really not have a comment? Thanks for the clarity, by the way, I enjoyed your post 🙂

Thanks!

When you link other articles in the “related” area – it will leave a “trackback” with the title of the blog rather than an actual comment.:)

3. Clurra Donald

So glad you decided to Microchip — you chances were significantly higher with one than without! Yay for happy endings!

This is about the fifth time that the chip has brought him home. I feel like Home Again knows him by name. LOL He is 9 years old, but Jacks are NOTORIOUS for being runners. The funny thing is – I cannot MAKE him go out to the backyard alone. It’s fenced, but boy if he knows the front door has been opened he is right there waiting for an escape route. He’s a cunning little guy! LOL I’m thrilled I got him back home.

4. JuneTune

I would never let him off a long leash. I’m glad it turned out OK

5. Clurra Donald

As am I! I used to have a wee Jack Russel myself and I know exactly what you are talking about — he would go off for days at a time but thankfully always wandered home when he way hungry.

Thank you for the trackback! Appreciated 🙂

6. RadioDeJay

What do you have to do to get your dog microchipped?

Take them to your vet and have them implant it. Price varies depending on what your vet charges. Once it is in, you send your contact info in and they get a dog tag with a toll free phone number and their chip ID on it. If they are lost – all someone has to do is call the number on the tag and you get your furkid back.

7. PQ

It’s a very simple non invasive procedure, just a needle like a shot put in the back of their neck between the shoulder blades. The price is well under $100.00 I’ve seen them for 25. – 60 bucks depending on where you get it done.

8. MolotovCocktease

LMAO! Well, when I met Wilson the AntiChrist, he didnt wanna go nowhere, but on top of me!! SO glad you have him ‘chipped, I didnt know it was that inexpensive….and I suppose it would sound inhumane for me to say perhaps some ppl with lower end scale parenting skills should be obligated to ‘chip their children…hey, I think I am rather good parent and at times would LOVE to feel that my kid was ‘chipped and able to be retrieved…So so happy all ended well, but honestly wouldve LOVED to have seen the pandemonium, and I wouldve loved even more to know what was going on in HIS head whilst he thought he made the Great Escape!

9. Freetonia

Scary! He gets into cars with strangers!! Glad you got him back.

Yeah, guess he didn’t listen to that part of the Stranger Danger speech. LOL