Your Kids SUCK!!

When I was young, we rode the bus to and from school every morning and every afternoon.  It always got a little wild when we had a substitute driver for our usual driver, Mr. Royster.  He didn’t put up with a lot of BS on his bus and wasn’t afraid to stop the bus and not move until everyone had settled down. However, we weren’t so bad as to have this happen often, and for the most part everyone on the bus respected Mr. Royster, as well as all of our  elders.  Disrespecting teachers, aunts, uncles or our elders was simply NOT tolerated in our home and you only backtalked one time before you were taught a lesson.  I’m not sure what has happened as a society that parents are not teaching their children basic manners and RESPECT.  They are not parenting their children.  This thought that you need to be your child’s BFF is not successful.  People’s children just don’t care – and they have complete and total disregard for the feelings of others; children and adult alike.  The apple does not fall far from the tree in most cases.

The four heathens from Greece, NY are a prime example of parental failure.  Bus monitor, Karen Klein, has been a bus driver and monitor with the Greece Central Schools for over 20 years and was bullied to tears in a video that one of the little shits posted on Youtube and it went viral.  Bet they weren’t expecting to get so popular because of their assholish deeds.

What these four kids did to this woman was rotten, mean, vicious and their parents should be SO proud of them for raising little monsters that abuse and disrespect their elders, and authority.  For almost 10 minutes this group of middle school kids taunted, threatened, and humiliated their school bus monitor until she cried.  Sexual threats were made to her, as well as threats of physical violence.  They were telling her how fat and disgusting she is, how they want to stab her, and how her entire family probably killed themselves because they hated being related to her.  What kind of a child does this to an adult?   Teens can be jerks, but there’s a line between asshole teen behavior and cruelty. These kids are CRUEL and should be kicked off the bus for a year.  Let their parents worry about how they are going to get back and forth to school.  In my opinion, these kids are the product of bad parenting.  Imagine how they act at home if this is how they treat someone old enough to be their grandmother?

Greece Police are questioning the four middle school students and will decide if charges will be filed in juvenile court.  Deciding if they should be filed?  How about they ARE filing charges.  They made threats of sexual and physical violence!

WARNING: These videos contain highly vulgar language and ideas that some may find disturbing.  Please watch at your own risk.

[youtube=http://youtu.be/l93wAqnPQwk]

[youtube=http://youtu.be/SBedTlo7BDs]

Indiegogo.com has raised more than $300,000 to send the grandmother on a vacation.  Click the link above if you want to donate.  Maybe she can use the money to retire so she never has to deal with this kind of abuse again!

Julia Van Orman, President of the Greece Board of Education says that this should be a “teachable” incident.  Really?  How about letting Julia Van Orman know that NO, these kids need to be punished for their behavior.  You can reach her by email: Contact Information: Julia.VanOrman@greece.k12.ny.us

1. Pingback: Middle School Punks Video Themselves Bullying and Threatening Elderly Bus Monitor « The Foxhole

2. Sue
  3. v

What’s your point? I’m not an advocate for these little monsters by any means…but, seriously what does her liking to drink have to do with anything? She’s not typing like a belligerent drunk, she’s not breastfeeding… She posts like, once a month if that and only once actually mentions drinking. Oh yea, and prohibition ended. Your point sucks.

4. bonju

Reblogged this on THE WORD WARRIOR Bonju Blog and commented:
    Fantastic post – I totally agree with everything you wrote and I posted Julia’s url on my blog site on FB which is PUBLIC…ooh baby!

5. Toots

I started watching the video but couldn’t finish. I was embarrassed for the monitor, shocked at the behavior of those kids, and outraged that they had managed to reach the age of a middle-schooler without being taught basic human decency!

Julie Orman is right. This IS a teachable incident. Teach those little miscreants that this type of behavior is NOT going to be tolerated. Ms. Orman should teach them the law of natural consequences. Threaten a district employee? Suspension from school for a specified amount of time, automatic reporting to authorities for possible legal action, and, because the employee in question was a bus monitior, permanent loss of bus privileges.

It is entirely unacceptable for a CHILD to bully an ADULT and not receive severe consequences. The parents, school district, and community need to make sure that these particular children, as well as all others, realize that disrespect, bullying, threatening, etc. will NOT be tolerated.

Their behavior is DESPICABLE! I hope that people put pressure on the school district to punish these little brats severely!

Subjects involved: Luis Recio, Jr., Wesley Helm, Brandon Teng and Joshua Slesak
    [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdfRHlzWOZk]

He’s only sorry that he got caught. He WAS saying stuff.

1. mo

i’m a kid myself, yet these kids are full of it.. especially the one filming. he only made that apology because he got caught. he just wants to get in less trouble than the others. he told her that he’d poop in her mouth! what a liar. i am 11 years old and this is terrible. they weren’t raised right.

Yes, he did say that and I agree they weren’t raised right. It’s also refreshing to see that there are children who know respect. Good for you, Mo.

2. mo

thank you. my mother always told me to be respectful of older people because they may have had a rough life and she says old people don’t become old by being fools. so they have something to teach us. she always helps old people pick up things if they drop them. if i acted like this, my mom would know way before youtube showed her. this video is stuck in my head. 🙁 poor lady.

Your mother should be very proud of you.

3. sharon

good for you mo 😉

7. Toots

These kids violated NUMEROUS rules of conduct and should receive swift, stiff punishment by the district.

. “Violent student” means a student under the age of 21 who:
      1. Commits an act of violence upon a school employee, or attempts to do so
      2. Commits or attempts to commit, while on school property or at a school function, an act of violence upon another student or any other person lawfully on school property or at the school function
      3. Possesses a weapon while on school property or at a school function
      4. Displays, while on school property or at a school function, what appears to be a weapon
      5. Threatens, while on school property or at a school function, to use a weapon
      6. Knowingly and intentionally damages or destroys the personal property of any school employee or any person lawfully on school property or at a school function
      7. Knowingly and intentionally damages or destroys school District property
      More:
      4. Harassment, which includes a communication (verbal, written, electronic or graphic) and/or physical conduct based on an individual’s actual or perceived race, color, weight, national origin, ethnic group, religion, religious practice, disability, sexual orientation, gender, or age. It is creating a hostile environment that unreasonably and substantially interferes with a student’s educational performance, opportunities or benefits, or mental, emotional or physical well-being, or conduct, verbal threats, intimidation or abuse that reasonably causes or would reasonably be expected to cause a student to fear for his or her physical safety.
      5. Sexual harassment, which includes unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, taking, sending or receiving sexually explicit videos, pictures or auditory recordings and other verbal or physical conduct or communication of a sexual nature.
      6. Intimidation, which includes engaging in actions, threats, or statements that put an individual in fear of bodily harm. This would include bomb threats of any nature.
      7. Hazing, which includes any intentional or reckless act directed against another for the purpose of initiation into, affiliating with, or maintaining membership in any school sponsored activity, organization, club or team

8. Bullying, which is purposeful, aggressive, negative repeated, and unwelcomed harassment and/or attacks on others where there is an imbalance of power and can include behaviors such as physical violence, verbal taunts, name-calling and put-downs, or threats and intimidation.

8. Harry N

These kids seem to have no capapcity for empathy, no sense that it’s wrong to deliberately cause pain to another human being. They’re having fun, enjoying their cruelty. And the fact that one of
    them posted it online speaks volumes about the age we live in. I do blame the parents, but I also’
    blame the sick, narcissistic culture we’ve created here in the 21st century.

I agree with you completely. Look at most of the garbage on television. Heck, just watch the news — talk about teaching children to bully.

9. The Breakdown of the Family and its Results

I’ll bet my bottom dollar most, if not all, of these kids are products of divorce and from single parent homes. And I’ll bet my bottom dime their single parents engage in “single parent dating”.

1. Successful Product of a Single Parent Home

I believe that what these kids did is absolutely disgusting. However, I am a product of divorce and a single parent home… I would never in my wildest dreams think of treating any human being the way these kids treated this woman. Your comment is insulting to anyone who went thru parents being divorced and still turned out very successful. This is bad parenting, period. Whether it’s one parent in the home or two. Think before you type.

1. Kevin McMains

Hey facts don’t lie. His comment is very accurate. Stereotypical, yes. however very true! I would love to see the stats on all of these kids. would only prove a point however.

2. Lu

My parents divorced when I was 9. I had, however, a happy childhood and always felt loved by both of them. I graduated from high school with top marks and went on to college. I’m a lawyer and translator. My brother is an architect. You should try to be less prejudiced and avoid silly generalizations that are both offensive and inaccurate.

10. Nissim Angdembay (@Nissimang14)

Oh god those kids are horrible…I really want to cry by listening to those words :'(

I actually couldn’t finish watching the video because it bothered me so much. These boys are beyond despicable. And the silence of their parents thus far speaks loudly!

11. John

The disrespectful little pukes should be bitchslappef and put in jail along with their ignorant parents for not teaching RESPECT.

1. Kevin McMains

she can’t speak English, let alone teach respect. Also not to mention the one mother is a straight alcoholic, also SINGLE mother. Kids are probably latch key kids with a different dude in the house every weekend.

Someone call INS and check her papers.

I know a lot of single mothers whose children are respectful. Sadly, you’re right about teaching respect and that falls on ALL of these parents.

12. Bombay Sapphire

Anybody else struck by the irony of anybody who lives in Greece, N.Y. insulting anybody’s economic status?

I’m not familiar with the area – is it economically depressed?

1. Bombay Sapphire

it’s in upstate NY, so, yes.

Median per-capita income $22K.

13. mosesinsb

YIKES !!! Somebody teach her how put on her face…..

……Julia Van Orman, President of the Greece Board of Education says that this should be a “teachable” incident. Really? How about letting Julia Van Orman know that NO, these kids need to be punished for their behavior. You can reach her by email: Contact Information: Julia.VanOrman@greece.k12.ny.us

14. Andrea. W

Man their parents must be so embarrassed and ashamed

One would hope that they are, but I have to wonder why the others haven’t apologized for their sons’ actions. It is the right thing to do — the fact that they haven’t says a lot about why their kids behaved like they did.

15. Dale

I just saw the video and the truth is the bus monitor lady was being harassed but she is given authority by the school district to enforce discipline while monitor on the bus. She did not do her job, now I dont know what this school district allows their employees to do or not do to enforce the rules. The kids were completely wrong in every way and need to be punished appropriately. Let us not fall into their immaturity by name calling as I have seen many do already about this incident. That only reinforces what we are saying is “wrong” for them to do to the bus monitor. Again, understand that i do not condone their behavior but the women involved has just recently been given over 400 thousand dollars for basically not doing her job. So what kind of message is being sent to the younger generation who experience bullying everyday just for being a student. Feel free to comment.

16. PQ

I would think that the only authority she has is to tell them to sit down, be quiet and give their names to the school. She tried engaging them in order to basically shut them up. I think she did tell the school about it which is really all she can do. As for the money, people knew what they were donating their money too so if they are OK with it, who are we to say it’s wrong?

1. Dale

These situations can not be understood fully from our position and I can only speak from my own experience and career path. I have worked in the public school system with many at-risk youth and have learned that you have to be the authority figure who draws a definite line so that each youth understands their boundaries. Those kids did not just start that day acting like that, it doesn’t happen that way. The reality is the boundaries were either non-existent in this case or ignored by both parties involved. I have worked with truancy kids to gang members and it always comes down to respect and knowing your own authority and not being afraid to enforce the boundaries you’ve established. If those kids felt at liberty to talk to an adult on that bus in the way they did without any fear of recompense to the point of advertising their cruelty to the world via youtube it is safe to say that the bus monitor wasn’t the only one being “bullied” on that bus. So what about the driver? Other students who heard what “they” were saying and doing? They were flicking her in the ear, physically touching her and unfortunately she let them do it. I know what I would have done and you know what you would have done but rewarding her with monetary gifts for being harassed by middle school students still seems to be ill placed attention when she basically chose to not do her job.

17. PQ

I think I might of missed where it was stated that these were at risk kids. At any rate, regardless of what she did or didn’t do, it still does not give them the right to treat her or anyone else that way. We don’t know her districts policy on how to handle these types of situations or any situation on the bus. For all we know, she did exactly what she was suppose to do which is let the school know what went on and who did and said what. Also, keep in mind, she wears hearing aides and did not hear all of what they were saying until AFTER she was shown the videos. That makes a big difference in how she chose to handle the situation.

In regards to the money, she did not ask for people to give her money. People chose to donate out of the goodness of their hearts. What others do with their money is really none of our business. I don’t personally see it as her making money for not doing her job. Especially since we don’t know what the district policy is in regards to something like this.

Now what does piss me off is, a friend of Max (the guy who initially set up the fund for Karen) has set up their own donation site for people to donate to Max which has already received $5,890. WTF? Here’s what is says…

“Obviously for being a good guy, but mostly for dealing with all the media attention, phone calls, and putting in extra hours to provide updates here and on reddit, answer questions, and legitimize the whole thing. I bet it’s a little exhausting, and it’ll only ramp up as the event gets national attention.

Maybe we could buy him a new laptop? Or he might even put it towards an anti-bullying cause himself – it seems like he had some ideas for how to use small fractions of Karen’s $ for an anti-bullying speaker to come to the school, but people quickly convinced him to let her have complete control over how it’s spent. Can we do the same for him?

Let’s pay it forward … We need to encourage all the Maxes out there.”

If that isn’t some crazy shit, nothing is!

1. Dale

I think you brought up some good points, hopefully this discussion is being explored beyond our personal beliefs and begins to have a place in the public eye. I looked up several articles on this situation and have found that we as a nation truly do not know how to handle the power of observation. We click on an image and watch the story unfold before us and within moments we are forming in our minds the how, whats and whys of the situation. Take that opinion and then give every person who watches the image the power to express their opinion on a global scale and the result is chaos. Unfortunately this is going to shape a lot of lives but probably not change what happens on that bus unless we as tax paying citizens fight for the rights of school administration to wield the sword when necessary. The repercussions that result in civil suits and blinded eye parents who have negated to hold their children to a standard of conduct is what needs to be addressed here. If were going to spend anymore time on this issue it needs to be looked at from a social view of corrupted policies and not “poor grandma on the bus” mentality that seems to be the current focus.

I totally agree with schools being able to discipline. That’s what’s wrong with kids. They don’t have to respect anyone because if they act out – they have more rights than educators. Parents are failing in teaching their children basic respect and empathy. As for the bus monitor, I have to wonder if she just couldn’t do anything for fear of repercussions from parents for telling their children to behave. Happens everyday. Parents don’t want to parent their kids, but no one else can.

18. PQ

The bigger problem is, we’ve taken away the rights of parents to discipline their children and placed most of it on the schools to not only teach them academically but also socially and morally. I’ll tell ya what, if we so much as swore in front of our parents, we would get a good slap right across the face. There was no fear on our parents of cops coming to our door to take us away for “child abuse” Parents were allowed to smack their kids for doing something they should not have. Today, you just try to smack your kid and they know enough to say “go on and I will call the cops and tell them you abuse me”

Don’t get me wrong, I am not defending the parents who don’t give a rats ass what their kids do. I am defending the parents who do care. This touchy feely way of discipline does jack shit. We’ve allowed our government to take our rights away as parents and tell us how we should discipline our kids. There’s a difference between abuse and discipline I agree with that but, let’s not remove all form of discipline. Ask yourself this, let’s pick 1970’s and below, did you ever hear of kids doing something like this to a bus monitor? Did kids even think of doing this? No because they knew if they did, their parents would kick their asses from here to kingdom come. Kids today have no fear of discipline from their parents because they know legally, their parents can’t do shit!

Regardless of whether this woman wants to press charges or not, I think the school should charge them with assault and harassment of an employee. 1 year community service at a local women shelter. Let them see what harassment and abuse really is! Maybe next time they will think twice. Or better yet, let them clean public parks and beaches all summer long. That way they can watch others having fun while they work!

I agree they should be charged. They were vicious and there should be consequences for this action.