#SupportSurvivorsOhio – Wear a Badge

Please show your support by placing a “twibbon” on your Facebook pages and twitter photos.  It is very simple to do.  We are also working to get teal ribbons to wear on Friday to show support for Ohio Survivors of sexual violence.  You can email me for details if you want to be involved in bringing awareness.  Thanks.

You can add your twibbon by clicking here:  http://twibbon.com/cause/SupportSurvivorsOhio

You can add it to your Facebook photo by clicking there.

We need people to pass out some ribbons on the WV side of the river and would anyone be willing to speak to the media on behalf of the ribbon campaign?

3. Jamie

What about contacting the DV/SV advocates like YWCA, etc. to ask them to get involved 🙂

4. mark

Ok because there is still evidence being reviwed the case is held back to oct 12 the kids will remain in custody

5. Freetonia

It’s a great idea, and it’s an easy, powerful way to support all victims of interpersonal violent crimes. We can do it online via the twibbon, but in person it will truly be powerful – don’t be afraid, you have every right to silently support anyone or anything you want to support.

6. Lipps

THis is on my facebook page

7. Freetonia

A big thank you from all of us who live in another state but support the victims of these terrible crimes in Masillon. I don’t know how many wore badges but the Big Red team did not play with their heads held high in Masillon. It’s a real shame the good kids on the team were punished along with the two who should not be playing. That is a coaching mistake. I hope parents of the players say no games until the suspects are cleared, because I think these incidents at games are only going to increase at games until the coaches step up and do the right thing like men leading by example should always do with children they are leading into adulthood. Why is it so hard for the Big Red coaching staff to do the right thing? Is this the culture of the team that allowed the crime to happen in the first place? We always have to look at the adults and what they are teaching our children to see if they are the right adults to be around molding our young people.

8. zerrielle

Started to add the badge but then saw that I had to agree to giving up more online privacy than acceptable to me. (Same reason I don’t play Words with Friends via Facebook.). It’s unfortunate that we cannot show support for a variety of causes without losing the privacy you’ve set up on FB.

I think there are a few places with the ribbon alone. Thanks for wanting to add it. I COMPLETELY understand about FB and the privacy issues. I have been using Google+ (not that Google is any better these days re privacy) but you can control your content much better.