Third Wintery Weather Rally

I received this in an email the other day and was so touched by it that I wanted to share.  I can tell you that while watching all of the rallies, I have been so incredibly moved by the outpouring of support for Jane Doe, but for all of those wonderfully compassionate and caring people who braved cold weather to let their voices be heard.

Third Wintery Weather Rally

(Thankful good people like Prinnie were willing to share the truth, hard as it was to hear).

Tying my hood a little tighter, as the wind sneaks through to my ears, shuffling my boots to dig deeper into the patch of snow and ice so I don’t slide off the curb where I’m standing to give myself a few extra inches of height…..looking at the crowd of speakers..at the Guy Fawkes masks, wondering which one is which…do the social media admins even come to these local protests? I am not as computer savvy as I’d like to be. I don’t tweet, I don’t even own a cell phone…refuse to be that assessable…always did hate phones. But, have been following these young Anon’s that have put up Facebook pages on her behalf. Most of them are probably not much older than she.

Been spending parts of days off of work going from one Facebook page to another, reading article after article, post after post, (I even found twitter on my iPad), searching, waiting, hoping that more will have the morals, values and character to do the right thing, to stand up and state, “I was there, this is what happened , this is what I did, and I am very very sorry”. But, the teens who attended these rape crew parties obviously have parents whose parenting skills are as rusty as the skeletal remains of the steel mills that lie dead on the shores of the Ohio.

So many involved and only two taking the fall for all. The posts from these deviants along with my intuition tells me there are other rapists who have been kept safe from the same fate.

Just one from the very large crowd of the apathetic ‘I didn’t help her’ guilty came forward to apologize to this young victim. Not only does no one else step up to apologize to the innocent students for the shame they brought upon their school, but many big fish in this small pond of a town are going to extreme measures to discredit the very people who are here for this little girl. Instead of honest, lets fix this mess and salvage our reputation, there is damage control. For many it is easier for this dying town to make excuses for and divert attention from the football team, involved students, coaches and school board members than to confront, acknowledge and amend. I am frustrated at the lack of empathy.

I am angry that the very citizens of this town did not call forth this rally to stand up for this victim and to state loud and clear, ‘Rape In My Town Is Unacceptable!’

But they didn’t, so here I stand with these strangers who did; old, tired and growing colder. Beating my gloved hands together to try for a little friction heat. I read the protest signs, lend my ear to the voices, smile at these vocal youth who are all heart, giving the only thing I can offer this young girl – my presence and support.

I stand in the middle of a group. Surrounded by local police who are keeping their crumbling city safe from this little old lady so bundled up she can barely move. A kind person passes out hand warmers and blue ribbons. This rally is young, old, man, woman, boy, girl, victim, survivor, neighbors of Ohio Valley near and far. We are masked and unmasked. We are a presence sharing our hope that she hears our voices saying, “we are so sorry sweetie, we are doing what we can to drown out their apathy , hoping our presence will bring enough attention to this case that as hard as they might try to stop it, you have a fair chance for justice”.

I tie my Steeler black and gold scarf a little tighter around my neck, carefully step off the icy curb to make my way across the river to home ….a little lighter in heart because these people braving this weather, speaking from their heart…. are something that is right in this world.

prinnie – who has written posts on Prinniefied.com.

1. Ann

This person has a beautiful soul. I hope Jane Doe knows how many people across this country are supporting her. I live over a 1,000 miles away and I think of this young girl everyday. I pray for God to give her strength, insight and healing.

2. bpink

What a beautifully written statement of compassion and hope for Jane Doe along with the city of Steubenville. I too, live far away from Ohio yet this has touched my heart in many ways.

3. Rose7

Stuebenville is a little town filled with small criminal minds. They know it. It creates for them a status of power. Character and morals be damned. Can you imagine the genealogy write-ups a century from now? A cesspool of common interests of instant gratification. They are fighting to swim with one another in their co-mingled waste. The smell has leaked out; now the world knows.

4. Mustikka

I’m here in Switzerland touched by this case and reading everything what I find. This was beautiful written and I hope that Jane Doe knows and feels that we are with her all the time.

5. AuntBee

I live here, in the eye of storm, ill health has not allowed me to participate more actively on behalf of our Jane Doe and all the Janes out there who have suffered much due to the cruelty of a few. Please know you have so many supporters right here in the Valley who wish you well and hope for a wonderful future.We admire the strength, courage and Faith you and your family have shown during this ordeal. Though this has had to be unbelievably difficult may you come through this with the grace and blessings that are yours. May God continue to bless you and may you know, you are never alone.
    You, little one, through the courage you have displayed, have done more good for all the victims of such violence, than a thousand Dr.Phil’s and Oprahs could ever have done. You are an angel.

AuntBee – You are so correct! She really has no idea of just how many lives she has touched.

2. maddgramm

AuntBee, Your words have touched my heart and yes, Our Jane Doe has so much respect and love from so many. I pray for her daily..

6. C Morgan

Many beautiful words of wisdom above. (:

7. Alchemist

@prinnie February 12, 2013 at 11:22 pm

Precisely. I don’t know how many of you are aware of it, but there is a link on Occupy Steubenville that can be used to send a personal message to Jane Doe. Apparently these letters are forwarded to her attorney, who will pass them on to her.

BTW, I love the nym “AuntBee” — She was a great character in Andy Griffith’s Mayberry.

8. Ocenbrz

This was a wonderful response to a terrible crime. I too am following and suffering along with many survivors, parents, kids, and just the public in general. We got 70,000 signatures from around the world to sign our petitions to seek out more charges for those who were involved in this crime.

My heart goes out to you little girl. I just read today that a 16 year old rapist in Arizona is being charged as an adult there. http://www.azcentral.com/community/phoenix/articles/20130212police-woman-posed-teen-engaged-sex-acts-male-teens-abrk.html?nclick_check=1 I think considering how bad this crime was Jane Doe deserves at least the same treatment as most other rape trials get when so many people were involved in making this crime happen.

I only want those who are guilty to face up to their crimes and pay for what they did. They cannot undo the bad choices that they made. But they can do what is right finally and just admit to what happened, pay for their part in it, and give the victim some peace that this will never happen again. I think of that other young girl too who might have been an earlier victim of these same group of boys. I am saddened by all of the adults who refuse to come forward and admit they too should be punished for not stepping in and helping this girl. As well as serving alcohol to minors. Some of these were coaches who are suppose to care about the behavior of their star football players. At least one would hope so?

I saw a good video that addressed how boys are taught to view girls and how rape has been for too long an accepted practice in our society. That little has changed in the attitudes of males even though charges now are even stiffer then before for rape or should be when crimes are being prosecuted fairly. Thanks to social media these alleged perpetrators now get to feel some of that pain and shame their victims felt being treated so poorly by them. They wanted us to feel like they deserved to rape her. That she asked for it by being their friend. It is the most depraved kind of thinking I could imagine. To think even today with all of the information out there, still kids are raping the people they should have wanted to help and keep safe from harm.

And all of this because some girl broke up with some guy. I still cannot believe boys and even girls still think this is something someone deserves. And I am sorry for the good people in Steubenville that there are very few places you can find your voices being heard. All of the poor speakers and those who only think of themselves are finding real press. It is good that Prinnie at least is getting some press? It is still very hard to find anyone in Steubenville who is upset about such an awful crime happening in their town. Like the writer here many outsiders seem to be demanding a change in the way people in Steubenville think. People around the world are angry because this case is not being prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Because people around the world are looking here to see if we really do value females in this Country or are we just so full of hot air? The way those boys spoke about the crime makes us all look like illiterate, disgusting, people who they only want to throw shoes at and spit upon. People will think twice about sending foreign exchange students here when we come off as arrogant hotheads who think we can have whatever we want, so take it. That we drug teenagers to rape them for fun.

I am so concerned that because many who should be facing charges are not that girls are not safe in this town. How can they be? How can we believe that only those two boys are involved when we already know there was at least one girl in the car that picked her up that night. That no kidnapping charges were filed even though her poor body was dragged from one place to the next. We are concerned about the future. When perpetrators who admit to committing a crime are not charged even though we have confessions and witness’ who said they received those pictures/video’s from the defendants and their friends. How can Michael Nodianos have so much personal information about what happened if he was not there to witness at least some of what was happening that night? He even went so far as to alert others that a rape was occurring that night. They cannot judge when these video’stweets were made from their electronic devices? everything it time stamped on my phone.

Why was KnightSec able to recover social media that the police said their experts could not? If it wan’t for KnightSec even more misinformation would have been used to hurt this victim.

Haven’t those of you in Steubenville who served alcohol to minors and left them unsupervised in your own homes think this poor girl deserves justice? If it was your child would you not expect the truth? Too many in Steubenville think they are so much better then this Jane Doe that something like this will never happen to someone they love. Sadly it seems they do not love very many people it seems. Their love cannot reach a child who needs to know the truth. Or to teach those who commit a crime to answer for their bad choices. It just must be the way of some people I suppose? At least now more of those going to school out there know the names of the kids they need to avoid like the plague. Those are some very bad kids and I hope those of you who are good people will help watch out for your friends. People who get away with committing crimes often feel vindicated and self-righteous. They will use their getting away with this as a springboard to move onto doing other bad things in the future. Please remember their names.

9. Vrodrider

As a lifelong resident of steubenville ohio, I have (seen ) these shenannagens go on for decades
    Remember the one about a start-up business for bottled gasses being denied a permit? (To close to schools churches and whatever else could be thought of)
    Only months after that a new business of the same nature built on the corner of 3rd & dock streets IMAGINE THAT
    More recently car windows being shot out in the labelle neighborhood
    Suspects caught and let go ( no charges filed)
    And also vandalized golf course and lawns by 4 wheelers IN THE COUNTRY CLUB AREA ( same results as before) no charges and ( RUMOR HAS IT) boosters paid for that one
    It Is high time all this crap be stopped

I also heard about the Country Club vandalism and the windows being shot out. Both did happen. Why wasn’t anyone charged? More questions people should be asking.

1. magdathehunkiegirl

We ask and get no where. At best we’re ignored, worst we are not safe for questioning “them.”
        “people” know who was involved in the above mentioned vandalism cases and again, because of their “connections” nothing happens.
        About all we have are these blogs to voice our concerns, God knows, nothing happens productive here if you complain. It’s why few decent residents even bother going to such forums as city hall mtgs. You get shut down or targeted if you complain. Sure this crap happens in other communities even the big cities, Columbus being a perfect example for those who are familiar w/ how this garbage goes on everywhere.
        Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.
        Creeps rule, at least there are these blogs where we can whine w/o endangering ourselves(oops, forgot about the Saltsmans vs prinnie mess) I fear we are doomed. Say it aint so??

As far as being sued for defamation, we are all responsible for our own words. However, we are also allowed a fundamental right to free speech. SLAPP suits are meant to intimidate and stifle free speech. Can I email you about the CC incident? I’m doing some research on that currently.

I would like for people to make their voices known. I’m currently working on something so that all who have concerns, or have had civil rights violations can speak out.

1. magdathehunkiegirl

yes, please do

10. Glenn

You are finding out what happens when a society abandons its moral and ethical standards. The weakest and least able among us go first. Jane Doe just happens be the weakest here.

11. Mary Ka Lagod

I worked with two of the employees who had their car windows shot out…all this time I have been carefully scanning (so I can be prepared to duck) the neighborhood as I drive through it to work. So, you are telling me that the responsible party was caught and released, and I have been nervous and waiting all this time for my window to explode and glass to fly and it’s over? Oh, wait, they did not get in trouble, no consequences to their actions? Guess it’s back to carefully scanning….

The best way to confirm if there were charges brought would be to inquire of Jane Hanlin’s office. Your answer will be no. Maybe look for the police reports as well or contact the current juvenile officer. JP Rigaud is no longer with the department but surely he knows who was involved?

2. C Morgan

Is this the same car windows it was said, EW confessed to as one of party responsible, but never charged him or made to pay restitutions?

I’m not sure about the confession, but I’d bet it’s the same incident. From what I understand they DO know who was involved. I’m unsure as to why no charges were filed against the individuals involved, but I have my suspicions.

12. Brandon King

Nope. didn’t make me cry. Not a bit.

1. Brandon King

i posted this in the wrong place, sorry