Life is About Changes

The Steubenville trial is quickly approaching and once all is said and done – lives will be changed forever.  Lives have been changed regardless of the outcome.  The lives of every person who tweeted or retweeted the events of that night will forever have those bad decisions to follow them anytime someone Googles their name.  Michael Nodianos’ life changed when he and his friends laughed maniacally over the sexual assault of a young girl.  Many lives have changed, including my own.

I was sued for defamation of character for allowing the exchange of ideas and opinions on this blog.  My anonymous commenters lives were changed as well.  I am sure many of them are hesitant about ever voicing an opinion online for fear of becoming a legal target again because in their town you aren’t supposed to talk about it.  I was hospitalized for a week while trying to defend myself from accusations of defamation and trying to make sure that my John Does weren’t hung out to dry.  I’m okay with that.  It was worth every second of it to stand tall and fight for what I believed in.

And then my life changed when people who I thought were my friends jumped on the “Alex is attacking our town” bandwagon and used our friendship as a weapon in their attempts to wipe their own slate clean.  My writing about Steubenville has never been an attack on the town as a whole.  There are some wonderful people there, and I still have friends and supporters there.  I wrote about this case because I was providing information that the media was not.  ANYONE looking for the information could have found it.  I lived in Steubenville and think I have insight into what it is like there.  I have no grudge against an entire town.  I have no grudge against individuals – even the mother of my former best friend who wished AIDS on me and hoped that I died a slow death.  I feel sorry for her that a woman her age has is capable of this much hate and I am embarrassed that Connie’s mother has brought her own family shame because of her behavior.

die of aids

This is someone’s mother.

'Granny G (grannygeorge12) on Twitter' - twitter_com_grannygeorge12

Indeed, lives have changed and will continue to change.  Life is change.  Embrace it.

1. Diana Magnone

You did the right thing and THAT is your legacy to Steubenville. Thank you!

2. John Lewis

Many people you will probably never meet (like me) have nothing but respect for what you have done and for your bravery in seeing it through despite the sick personal abuse from bottom feeders like Granny G.

The previous poster is correct, the town of Steubenville owes you a huge debt of gratitude.

3. Alice

Thanks, Prinnie.

4. Stan

You did the right thing — so so so much of this horrific incident would never have seen the light of day without your efforts.

Heck, the AG is even talking about the possibility of charging more of the football players involved in this mess. Perhaps he will also press charges related to the 14 yr old who was allegedly raped by Big Red players at prom last spring!

5. elaine

Glad you have been here throughout to enlighten us, when we knew local media was keeping us in the dark, your ongoing blogsight has allowed many very bright people to further enlighten to stuff we could have never figured out on our own. Glad your sight sticks to what we consider important stories, where as some other sites that cover it at times go way off into adolescent stupidity re; their endless tiffs with internet kooks. Find them so stupid I only follow with hopes of The Herald Star making an appearance, otherwise a waste of time and space. Glad you keep it honest ,imformative, and attractive to what seems to great group of followers. You are doing something right, keep it coming. We are counting on you.

1. maddgramma

Thank You Prinnie for all you have done so we the people in this area know the truth on many things. The people in Steubenville need to Thank You for all your hard work. Keep doing what you do. You have enlightened so many of us and we appreciate you.

6. Hypocrite

Hypocrite much?

My mother has brought no shame to my family.

2. Michelle

Reporting the truth and tweeting out delusional insults (such as granny gs) are two entirely different matters. Your point was what hypocrite???

thank you Prinnie for all your hard work and effort.

7. Hypocrite

I’m talking about you. You down talk people, your a bully, your mission is to ruin lives and “bring people down”. You have no sympathy for anyone. You feed off hate. The things I hear you say and do to people is sad. Apparently your incapable of putting yourself in other peoples shoes. Maybe there’s a reason your best friends mother turned on you and maybe you need to do some serious soul searching and quit blaming others for you empty life. I feel sorry for sure actually. Rid yourself of jealousy and hate and you will live a much happier existence.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I disagree. My mission is the TRUTH. If the boys are innocent, I hope that the justice system does what it is supposed to do. I sympathize with many – even these kids who ruined their lives and who have no compassion for their fellow man. I feel sorry for the families of these kids because their lives are ruined. I feel sorry for the city of Steubenville that a bunch of soulless kids brought shame to their town and to their school that will take years to undo. That’s not my doing. THEY are responsible for their actions.

I have a very full life. I volunteer in my community and always have and I appreciate each day that I am on this planet. I have friends and family who love and support me, and I am hardly a jealous person. If someone is successful, I admire them and try to learn from them. My existence is quite happy. Hope yours is, too.

8. BooBoo

Prin you hateful bully. How dare you shine a light on the cockroaches that not only raped but also watched, tweeted, posted pics, bragged and defend the “rape crew”. roaches

1. Aaron

Shine a light? The only thing that has changed from August is that the accused rapists have been moved from the adult system to the juvenile system. No additional charges. Nothing has changed. Prinnie and Anonymous have literally accomplished nothing.

1. BooBoo

They were never in the adult system. They were in Juvenile detention awaiting their hearing that was to decide whether they were to be charged as adults or Juveniles. Prior to that hearing, it was not decided. The decision to charge them as Juveniles was made long before Anonymous got involved. They have done nothing? The FBI getting involved, having the world media’s attention, having rallies to stand up for all rape victims, support for many rape victims, school adding rape awareness to curriculum, people questioning the corruption in the local leaders of Steubenville. Nope they did nothing. smh

Just a friendly suggestion, next time you want to try to belittle someone/s please make sure you know all the facts because when you don’t, you are the one who ends up looking foolish not them.

9. IknowSteubenville

Hypocrite – Let me guess. . . you are either a girl friend or mother of one of the “poor, innocent, misunderstood” boys who is no doubt right in the middle of this mess. No, not one of the boys who is awaiting trial as they will be judged on the evidence presented next week. Your darling would be one of the ones who tweeted, texted, laughed, or ignored what happened to this young woman. And how do I know this to be true? What sane person would have hurled accusations and suggestions like yours if you didn’t have a major axe to grind with Prinnie? Putting the facts out for any and all to read is neither an act of jealousy or hate.

10. Hypocrite

@ I know Steubenville. I’m not a mother or a girlfriend of anyone involved, Im also not talking about prinnie simply writing about the rape case. I’m talking about her mission to involve people that had nothing to do with any crime. I’m also talking about her repeated attacks on the town in general.

Attacks on the town? Really? I think there are a small group in Steubenville who are continuing to attack me. Please provide LINKS where I have attacked an entire town and proof that I am trying to involve people who had nothing to do with any crime.

11. PG

“I’m talking about her mission to involve people that had nothing to do with any crime.”

I’m guessing by Hypocrite’s narrow definition of who should feel ashamed about this, that s/he is more likely one of the folks who: slut-shamed the alleged victim; denied that any rape took place or that there was anything but “hearsay” to indicate it (hint to folks like Granny G: under American evidence law, photos and video are not “hearsay”); or otherwise made this an incident that brought shame not just the direct perpetrators of the crime but many more people who failed to report the accused or failed to support the victim.

So, for example, to Hypocrite, Prinnie’s pointing out Michael Nodianos’s behavior is not pointing out how someone has behaved horribly. Oh no, it’s “involving people that had nothing to do with any crime.” To Hypocrite, unless you were the actual rapists, you have no reason to feel ashamed of what you say or do in relation to this incident. Lie, deny, cover up, attack the victim and her family… you haven’t involved yourself negatively when you do that, only once Prinnie points out that you have.

The women in Steubenville who have not stood up for a victimized woman actually make me sadder than than the alleged assault itself. Rapists probably will always be with us, but it’s horrifying to think that in 2013, some women still will not support one another. Kudos to Prinnie for being one who will.

12. Who Cares?

Look… Alex isn’t perfect and no one is. That said, Alex did not take part in the “festivities” that involved the violation of a young girl or the lackadaisical investigation that followed. I personally am glad that this case has gotten the exposure that it has. Steubenville is politically corrupt and does have a rape culture. Just look at how many inappropriate relationships have taken place between high school girls and teachers/coaches over the past 30 years. These “relationships” and “situations” are common knowledge, yet not one adult has ever suffered any legal consequences.

13. C Morgan

Plot thickens…

3 WV teens won’t be made to testify Steubenville gang rape trial…!? Per WV judge ruling on!
    They were to testify for defense on Ma’lik’s case. His attorney says this will hurt his defense strategy.

1. C Morgan

Another link bc other wasn’t producing for me. Has a little more info…

14. topazmarie

If I were you, Miss Prinnie, I would not even bother with those antagonists that show up here and there periodically. They just enjoy the pissing match. It’s difficult not to respond to false accusations, but Iwouldn’t bother were I you. It just fuels their empty fire. These kinds disappear if no one pays them attention. they will find another blogger to gripe at or tweet. Keep doing what you’re doing. Those who appreciate the enlightenment we do receive from your work still appreciate you, to heck with hypocrite or whatever his/her current fake name is. You’re fine, forget about those dumbos.

Their comments are only proving what people are saying about them. 🙂

15. Mary

Good for you Hypocrite! Finally! IF in fact Prinnie is the Crime Blogger that she claims to be….why in the world would she pass up an opportunity to “blog” about a 16 Year Old Alleged Murderer in Steubenville? Two Dead and she has nothing to say? Makes me more convinced that maybe Alex has more “issues” than previously thought. Good Luck on your Witch Hunt Alex cause when all of the cameras leave, YOU will still be here!

I write about a lot of things. This blog isn’t specifically about Steubenville and never has been. Of course I’ll still be here – much to your chagrin, I’m sure.

2. annemarie

To the hypocrite and mary and all their alter egos, Perhaps you should contact our local media, tv and newspaper to find out why they do such a lousy job covering the endless criminal activity here. Yea, they put in a blurb on page 6, then the stories just disappear. No follow up nothing. It’s really not up to an out of town blogger to inform of what’ going on here. Would be nice if we could get real news about what the heck has happened here. The crime rate rivals Detroit or Chicago per capita, but everyone pretends all is well. When will you and your friends wake up. We need real leadership in this valley.
      Prinnie is not the enemy
      The “enemy” is within. WAKE UP, do something to clean up the crud here.
      We will all be happier and safer and you still have all the HS sports you need.
      Not lookin’ for a tit 4 tat, so I’m outta here…….for now
      Until later

3. BooBoo

Mary, There are quite a few articles on this blog. As a matter of fact, I just went back way beyond 15 pages into 2011. I will venture a guess the reason why Prinnie hasn’t blogged much since this case is probably because she gets thousands of hits a day on this story and if she blogs, it moves the story to the next page which may be difficult for people not use to blogs and the internet to find the story.

As a matter of fact, her prior forum on this case went over 150K views in one topic on this case in less than 5 hours once this case hit national media. So there is obviously a huge demand to discuss the case. It is not unusual for a blogger to not write another blog while a case is still on going and that many people want to chat about it. You obviously have no clue what crime blogs are like. If you did, you would know this. Also, crime bloggers don’t blog about every single crime that happens in the world. If they did, they would have no time to live.

It’s actually kind of funny that you are complaining that she isn’t blogging about other crimes in Steubenville. You people talk out of both sides of your ass. Honestly you do. One of you bitches and claims she has done repeated attacks on Steubenville then you come along and complain because she isn’t blogging enough about other crimes in Steubenville. Which is it do you people want? You want her to blog more about the city or you don’t?

You have proven that no matter what Prinnie does, you people are still going to be assholes and find fault in it. If you people don’t like this blog then don’t bother coming here. I can guarantee, there are more people in Steubenville who appreciate what Prinnie has blogged than there are you who will complain about her no matter what she does.

16. Alchemist

C Morgan March 8, 2013 at 8:45 pm

Plot thickens…

Interesting. Technically speaking, there is absolutely nothing from stopping these boys from testifying if they wish to do so (providing their families do not object, of course.) The only bar here is that they cannot be [u]compelled[/u] to testify. In many trials, counsel prefer to have witnesses subpoenaed — it avoids the appearance of bias. If one is asked, “Why are you here?” the witness can respond, “I was subpoenaed,” as opposed to “I am a friend of the accused.” The latter admission tends to diminish the witnesses’ credibility in the eyes of a jury — it introduces a prima facie apprehension of bias. Since there is no jury in this instant case, that is less of an issue than it might otherwise be.

1. UncleRay

I’m not so sure that they were all boys that were subpoenaed.
      Second point, the WV judge ruled against the subpoenas because the attorney failed to cite a precedent setting case.
      This means either his attorney is truely incompetent or he is setting up a path for appeal of conviction.

I don’t understand why the state didn’t subpoena the victim. Don’t they need her there for their case?

And there were girls and boys at the parties, so I’m sure both were.

Why would you have to cite a precedent case for a simple subpoena? Subpoenas are issued all the time interstate. They were in my defamation case. Hostgator was subpoenaed to turn over IP logs. It’s just a simple form.

4. C Morgan

I honestly on reading it was wondering if it was the “former BFF’s of JD” that a (fruity) mom, claimed would be testifying against her. I assume JD as the victim filing in Jefferson Co., overrides the legal circumstance applied? She is a witness for the state of OH. Perhaps bc it was the defense’s subpoenas that altered the enforcement? I also wondered why this was some due process required if across state lines? Or were “they” refusing to comply, and then filed?
        Ok where is Harold!? I know he could explain this! I will try posting on his devoted blog comments…

1. C Morgan

Your case being civil, this a criminal trial… Assume different rules apply??
          I can’t find the article now. Probably just me!

There isn’t a lot of difference between civil and criminal – same principle to either produce information or appear in court. In my case, had it gone forward at some point a representative from Hostgator would have been called to testify as to the authenticity of the information they provided.

The attorney representing defendant Trent Mays said the West Virginia witnesses are trying to avoid testifying. Attorney Brian Duncan said they have refused to speak to defense investigators.

Why are these kids not cooperating?

IMO, had the state subpoeneaed her there would be no need for Mr. Madison to do so since she would be there and both defense counsel would have access to her for testimony. Yes, we need Harold!!!

17. Alchemist

Who Cares? March 8, 2013 at 8:33 pm

Well said. At some of the rallies, women have come forward to tell their stories of how they were raped or sexually assaulted, attempted to obtain justice and were rebuffed at every turn, often especially from the very people whose job it was (and is) to assist them.

18. salcarmi

Prinnie,

I’ve been an admirer of your efforts since you started covering this situation. I believe that your intentions were genuine and your diligent pursuit has been admirable and, at times, inspiring. But, I think you are doing your own work a disservice in this instance.
    Lets tear down the wall here. You struck journalistic / blogosphere gold with this one. The full scope of your work is yet to be realized and it may l be years before it truly is. Anyone who does what you do, and has had any amount of success, knows that when you are chasing a hunch down the rabbit-hole, you always come to a distinctive crossroads. A moment where you sit back, take a deep breath and make the decision to go all in or back off . You went all in and you knew that you had a big fish on the line. You are much too smart and savvy not understand the ramifications associated with reeling in one of those big fish.
    Advocacy is often times self-effacing and, usually, not the business of martyrs. You’ve managed, so far, to fight for the righteous cause of justice. Not the convoluted partiality bred by contempt and corruption… but justice that is truly righteous. Something that, until now, may have been intangible to the residents of Steubenville. The reward for aspiring to ascend to such lofty platitudes is the journey itself. The uncovering, the unwinding, the efforts that are not diminished by thankless outcomes. Please do not allow yourself to tumble from that perch into the abyss of things said by “Connie’s Mother”.

Thank you. I posted the comments by the evil granny not because they upset me, but I want people to see some of the vitriol coming out of the Steubenville Screamer’s Club. THEY are part of the overall problem in their town. So many people in Steubenville are sick of it, and I truly hope they use this case and the attention that it has brought to create change. The only way to fight oppression is to fight back!

19. Rose7

Concerning the three Wet Virginia witnesses….. Hancock Co., West Virginia Judge Ronald Wilson, “No legal case was cited to support the argument that the three West Virginia juveniles can be compelled in Ohio.” “The proceeding in Ohio is NOT a criminal action – it is NOT a criminal prosecution – and, it is NOT a criminal process.” …… So, what is it? A juvenile delinquency process ~~~~ ONLY! What rape? What crime? Just bad little boys! After-all if the Law Enforcement won’t consider the evidence (we’ve all seen it) of the rape, then it didn’t happen, right? Little girls stay home or you can become ‘justifiable’ prey!

20. Rose7

PS: Prennie, Thank you !… from Mother’s of daughters everywhere!

Thanks. I’m glad that the good out of this case is awareness it has caused as well as provoking people to speak out.

1. C Morgan

What’s scary is seeing girls still permitted to hangout with some of these boys!? Drinking & partying with unsupervised! Wth is wrong with the parents??

21. ballard

Thank you Prinnie, for endeavoring to try to show the truth however close-minded the community may seem to be. The witness reports of the gang rape, also the images of a exploited girl, are horrifying. But the victim blaming, messenger blaming, social shaming of the victims and reporters of these events shows truly how molestation and rape crimes may happen within a community that individually, and collectively, often chooses the wrong path.

22. UncleRay

Hopefully this answers the questions.

PS your website dosen’t let me post regulary

Sometimes it gets hung up or lags. Sorry about that. Not sure why that is.

23. C Morgan
  24. Alchemist

@Mary March 8, 2013 at 10:10 pm

Well even John Abdalla of the Steubenville Juvenile Court lamented the fact that only two reporters showed up for this court proceeding for the juvenile accused of a double homicide.

By Torsten Ove / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    The juvenile court in Steubenville, Ohio, held a hearing Wednesday for a 16-year-old charged in a double homicide.
    “I think there were two reporters there,” said Fred Abdalla, chief probation officer.

Why aren’t you criticizing the local media for not paying attention?

25. Alchemist

@C Morgan March 9, 2013 at 10:40 pm

Exactly. I think this is a good place to post a link to an awareness poster that has reduced the sexual assault rate in Vancouver, B.C. by 10%:

This would also make an excellent protest sign, if it can be blown-up enough.

1. Alice

Great poster!
      Thanks for posting, Alchemist. You always have good and interesting things to say. You too, CMorgan.

1. C Morgan

@Alchemist, I like that. Right to the point. With a subtle, yet clever twist of “potential-rapist shaming,” as it should be! (“Don’t be That guy!”)

@Alice, Thank you for the kind compliment, and for hearing me out.
        I admit to being long winded often! (: Likely from over-analyzing my theory or position with thoughts… and my darn thumb somehow keeps pace, tapping these out!?! /;

And Alchemist does a good job decoding, keeping me on task, and finding the answers needed! Baronvsteuben helps the cause too :))

Lol I just did it again!

26. C Morgan

Lots of new details added, and some new supporting documentation. Especially The corruption info… of epic proportions!! A couple of, were shockers/news to me.
    They seem to be holding firm on their initial position that more athletes assaulted JD… I tend to agree.

Main:
    A doc in reference to changes.

Memo:

27. LP

I wouldn’t worry too much about GrannyG, whoever she is. I looked at her comments and it appears that her life consists of making rude comments to and about people and watching, mourning, and yakking about, TV shows. Pathetic.

28. C Morgan

STEUBENVILLE, Ohio – A state investigator testified this afternoon in the rape trial of two Steubenville, Ohio, football players that one of the defendants sent a text in the days following the August 2012 incident that their coach knew about the matter and “took care of it.”

The 17-year-old defendant texted to a friend, “I got Reno (footbal coach Reno Saccoccia). He took care of it and sh– ain’t gonna happen, even if they did take it to court,” according to Joann Gibbs An agent with the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation, who testified most of the afternoon.

Wow! And yet he’s still employed. And “boostered” lots of extras. That is messed up! Kind of contradicts his excuse…. (I asked. They didn’t think it was wrong. So I couldn’t punish them.)
    Hear that? Silence! Although I never delved much into the Reno debate, there’s a few people who were certain he was part of cover-up. and they just got vindicated big time! Sure to be shoving it back in faces of his defenders!
    Horrible man! Maybe he’s done good in past… but the thing is, one really bad action, Will overshadow all good deeds for an eternity.

29. Chris

You did something amazing. You may be the main person that brought an ounce of justice for this heinous event.
    There are no words to express how honourable your actions are.
    Greetings from Central Europe!

30. C Morgan

Prinnie,
    And the final international word on your actions, and supporters of, eloquently put..

“Tweets, blogs, Instagrams and online videos became weapons of assault and swords of justice wielded by self-appointed avenging angels.”

See, let them tell it! The “truth oppressors” and the bullies & online attackers of, can chew on that!
    Article goes on to give you more direct credit behind the likelihood the case would be just as Mays so clearly texted re, ven if it went to court, nothing gonna happen!
    This trial was never supposed to happen, and certainly not to include all the revelations or spotlight!
    And still it’s not to those of us who saw through the shield of BS, to say “told you so!” It’s so not about that. It’s simply about character of compassion and empathy for a fellow human being (Jane Doe). That otherwise, would have been denied any real justice. And in life if you help to change just 1 life, by way of making some semblance of positive outcome, of a horrid event bestowed unfairly upon… You’ve made a difference in the world. And that’s what life should be about. Positive change, supporting others, standing up for justice.
    May it only serve to flow forward in a chain effect of change for a community in need of.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2292671/Girl-16-suffered-degradation-humiliation-violation-raped-star-Ohio-footballers-sobbing-witness-tells-trial.html#ixzz2NeiXPm6x
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

31. Alchemist

The evil that men do, lives on; the good, often interred with their bones.

@C Morgan March 14, 2013 at 7:37 pm

[snip]

To quote the immortal Bard: “The evil that men do, lives on; the good, often interred with their bones.”

32. Elliot N

To Prinnie: As one advocate to another Thank You for striking the match of awareness that has galvanized support not only behind our young victim but behind the issue of victims rights everywhere. It took a special Pied Piper of the internet. You truly walk in stardust.

1. maddgramma

AMEN Elliot! She is a remarkable woman!

33. Lucy

You know, I feel sorry for them too. I heard on the news what is going on in your hometown. I am from Austria, Europe and I cannot believe that people of Steubenville are worried about the town’s reputation instead of wanting to solve the issues. Whoever believes that a brave girl’s blog is a threat to a town, instead of thinking that the criminals who rape young girls and all of the others who think it’s a funny, cool thing to do and those trying to protect them, are the threat to Steubenville, it’s reputation and the whole society, those people are as criminal and creepy as those who did it. Seriously, you are doing the right thing, and noworries, the whole world is backing you up. <3

34. Lucy
  35. Leigh LaFon (@DenverElle)

All respect to Prinnie. It would be impossible to calculate the many benefits of bringing the issue of acquaintance-rape and consent into the public conversation. It could be that heavy coverage of this case will make a difference in the decisions of some who would otherwise commit similar crimes. We have to communicate the critical distinction between informed consent and incapacity. For the positive difference one determined blogger can make on behalf of many, I thank you.

36. BooBoo

[Have you] seen guys [digitally penetrating] girls [other times]?” Duncan asked. “Yeah,” Cole said somewhat sheepishly.

Wait. What? This wasn’t even the first time he watched a friend engage in this? Cole was now some kind of an expert witness on the verbal interaction between witness and recipient of such an act.

“Did that girl who was being [digitally penetrating] speak to you?” Duncan asked, never broaching the question of whether that girl consented or not.

“No,” Cole said.

“She was probably talking to the guy who was [digitally penetrating] her,” Duncan surmised.

“Yeah,” Cole agreed.

But there’s no rape culture there right? As far as I am concerned, this just further proves there are other rapes!

1. C Morgan

Lol! Oops! Sorry I just posted ref to same article/comment portion on other page. It bothered me too.

Yep, no rape culture here…move along now. *sarcasm*

1. haradanohime

“Yeah,” Cole agreed.

Um isn’t that called Leading the witness?

1. Leigh LaFon (@DenverElle)

Haradohime, that certainly seems to meet the definition of “Leading The Witness,” and I’d guess there should have been a quickly sustained objection to that line of questioning. Was it carelessly let by?

Of course, what stands out to me, and probably would have stood out to most jurors (in an actual jury trial) is the oh-so-casual acknowledgement that the testifying teen had witnessed digital penetration before. Maybe the teen saw it on porn, or was alluding to his prior activity with his own consensual partner but it sure does seem suspicious that he is rather casual about that, and I couldn’t help but wonder if he had previously witnessed his Rape Crew buddies in some similar illegal action.

1. C Morgan

@LL I so much agree! There is an article on other page I pasted, where reporter makes the same assessment (“Wait. What?”) I was thrilled to see some media others get IT…it being The Bigger picture, and are finally paying attention!

Sorry All, have had likely too many insomnia induced, recent opinions or epiphanies! /; trying to spread them out to other pages so I don’t bury everyone elses by using same page feed or 2.

@Prinnie feel free to exile me to the other forum at anytime! Or a big Cyber- shoosh your trap! i totally will understand (:
            I’m really not trying to be a board hog! My spouse has nixed topic convo, so I might combust if silent! x: /;

37. C Morgan

In the prior yahoo.sports article, gave a little more detail of the Reno texts. Apparently he even joked about it! WTH?! Explains why others weren’t charged too. No surprise to many of us, but still pisses me off! I call bs on AG, bs bs bs! But I get the trial has to stay on task to charges.
    I just can’t get why the 2 haven’t sung like canaries on the rest via artornies? Perhaps they were holding out as Reno promised. But per another reporter noting, one defendants foot kept tapping through the testimony of someone today?? Pretty sure they’re going down. Wonder if the “favor for Saltsman” is going to come to light before its over?

[Rumors have whipped around the region that Saccoccia, known simply as “Reno,” tried to squash the investigation initially and other boys weren’t charged because it might harm the team. Saccoccia and the Steubenville police have denied it. The Ohio attorney general has dismissed all talk of cover-ups. Even so, speculation on the street continues.
    When word of the incident leaked out, a friend asked Mays what Saccoccia said about it.
    “Nothing really,” Mays texted. “Going to stay in for awhile. LOL. And next time [someone is] into something, suspended for three games.
    “But I feel he took care of it for us,” Mays continued. “Like, he was joking about it, so I’m not worried.”
    In another text, Mays wrote: “I got Reno. He took care of it and [expletive] ain’t going to happen, even if they did take it to court.”]

And yet people are STILL singing Reno’s praises. Why would you want someone like that to be a role model to your child?

1. BooBoo

And they are still claiming you created the story even though everything you have blogged about has come out in court as being true!

2. C Morgan

Thought… If AG or LE had these texts re coach.- why in the hell would they 1.allow him to continue to be coaching/influencing kids?? 2. Continue to hold his position as a juvenile court mediator?? 3. Not have been investigating the cover-up or coach? 4. Bare Minimum, notified school officials so they could take action against just to start!! <Lol like that would happen.
        I call foul! The only thing I see resulting from this having occurred… beyond moral, ethical, and maybe even legal responsibility to have done so?… Is give more concrete evidence of the defendants guilt! So what's their excuse for Sitting on this??? Pathetic! Covering up for the coach too! Tsk! where does the bs end!?

38. C Morgan

Ok what’s wrong with this picture…??

[Rigaud and his colleagues soon began gathering cell phones within days of the report. He also was told several of the 16-year-old’s clothing items and accessories were missing. Never found where missing items like her phone, underwear and an earring. Sandals left at one of the parties the teen attended were recovered.]
    >well there goes those bs texts the attorney leaked to press existed!

[Defense attorneys tried to discredit Rigaud’s testimony and grilled him on technical aspects of the case, such as an evidence collected during a hospital exam of the victim. During that visit to a West Virginia hospital the victim refused a rape kit, according to Rigaud.

Attorney Walter Madison questioned why Rigaud didn’t push for further testing of the victim. Rigaud answered about how intrusive the exams could be and that making someone go to the hospital twice could be problematic.]
    >yet such evidence is crucial in some cases. Could it be the more likely reason, the LE didn’t want such damning physical evidence of the crime? Or a trail of who all violated & assaulted the victim? I think so.

[Madison also said – and Rigaud agreed that – the victim’s hair could have been tested for trace remnants of any type of possible date rape drug, but it wasn’t.]
    >that’s some serious bs right there! Come on, he was working hand in hand with JH from start of investigation! Are we supposed to accept that, when JH hubby is a lead narcotic detective!!?

[Rigaud admitted he never got a DNA sample from 18-year-old Evan Westlake – even to this day – because Westlake’s lawyer refused to allow it.

Westlake, one of the first suspect names to come up in he probe, didn’t give a statement to police until October, close to the first major evidentiary hearing. Madison questioned whether the pubic pressure and community pressure steered Rigaud’s investigation.]
    >really? October?! And why was this, when he just happens to be such a crucial witness now & in PC hearing, to deserve immunity! Really? First of names of suspect list?? The investigation itself is looking very suspect!

[He also asked why he didn’t pursue Jefferson County prosecutor Jane Hanlin’s son, who was mentioned in a hospital report as a possible suspect. Riguad said he quickly was able to determine that her son’s whereabouts during the reported incident. Judge Thomas Lipps said he “wasn’t interested in gossip.”]
    >really? Did FranknJane say so? And Tsk judge, so quick to brush off makes one look a little biased there?

[Philippe Rigaud, a former Steubenville juvenile detective who is now an investigator with BCI]
    >Am I mistaken here, or did somebody get a promotion over the course of this investigation & case?? IF true… Are you serious!!? Shady investigation rewarded by shady other aspect in case!? Wow!

>i don’t think I can handle much more of the too obvious discrepancies in this case!!

39. Janie Sherry

Prinnie, You are a breath of fresh air and a wonderful person.
    Respectfully, Janie

40. Judy

Thank you for going out on a limb to provide the truth, civilized mothers of daughters everywhere appreciate your efforts.

Steubenville may have a few decent residents, but the actions of the deranged like granny and Hypocrite will be the ones people remember. How sad for the decent folks.

I’d hate to own property in Steubenville. I’d bet property values have sunk even lower than before the light was turned on to the “culture” the town offers.

41. C Morgan

Finally… an example of a true girlfriend, showing some serious Girl-code bystander action. I say this girl is a hero!

Another story, on yet another alleged rape case, involving an athlete. This time a Cornell college wrestler, age 22. And this victim… Was Sleeping!
    The girl having returned from a night out with her friends, had gone to bed at one of the girlfriend’s home.
    The alleged was one of the guests of another house roommate, invited over for drinking games.
    This poor girl awoke to the bastard allegedly on top of her, raping her. She orders him to stop.
    The girlfriend having woke to witness the crime and struggle, sprang into action helping the victim fight him off. They were able to escape the bedroom, and locked themselves in an upstairs bathroom.
    The brave witness went back to the scene, and was able to snap 2 pictures of the alleged rapist, pants at ankles! He protested the photo op, and came after her.
    The girls both locked back in their safe haven, were subjected to him trying to force his way in the door. Unsuccessful, he walked away.
    It bothers me there is no mention of any intervention by the other social attendees? Perhaps they were not aware, having noted victim had urged them to quiet down a few hours prior to. Or maybe most had left by then.
    But after some time passes, the girls make it out of the home, passing by the bastard asleep on a futon.
    >They go immediately to the hospital, and victim subjects herself to a rape kit. They then contact police.
    With the photos, they search the college athletic site, and are able to ID the alleged rapist. Subsequently He’s arrested, charged with 1st degree rape, and released on $5000 bail.
    The girlfriend did everything right in assisting the victim, as a friend, or really just as any human being should do in that situation! She had the courage to intervene in the moment of an alleged rape, and protect the victim after. The loyalty and compassion to accompany and offer support to the victim, while guiding her to seek medical help and justice.
    Steubenville take notes: above is the proper actions of a bystander and witness in a scenario of a rape of an incapacitated victim… whether they’re asleep, passed out, drunk, high, awake, underage, or resisting. It’s all sexual assault.
    Frighteningly this bastard is just another athlete, with some twisted sick sense of entitlement. That it extends to a woman’s body, is just another shock of reality, in a long line of wake-up calls! Rape culture is alive and thriving! A sad and Disgusting truth.
    I expect this is what the colleges have to look forward to more of, from rape crew athletic-scholarship recipients too. 1:4 college women sexually assaulted, will these numbers rise?
    I have to wonder how many girls this jerk has assaulted since high school? Curious if any come forward to testify against.
    Of the bigger picture it also shows, Steubenville Big Red athletic program isn’t the only one needing restructured. Although in someways adding to the issues, is their unique city wide corruption, and multi criminal activities the athletes are enabled to commit.
    Yet The real problem, besides tainted athletic programs grooming rapists, really starts at home. Parent responsibly and be involved! And please, please Teach your sons not to rape! Playing with balls does not entitle them to act like

42. C Morgan

(Oops forgot to finish my last sentence /: )
    … Neanderthals, and women are not for sport.

1. Leigh LaFon (@DenverElle)

Kuddos to the female friend for doing what any decent human being should do in that situation. Well done. Sad, if she was the only one who knew of the rape and intervened.

43. snowcrow

My son getting knocked out by his football coach

Juneau School District administrators were notified this week of allegations that a high school football coach may have been involved in a boxing match with a student last summer. The incident allegedly took place while the Thunder Mountain High School football team was traveling to a summer football camp in Oregon.

It is further alleged that the coach struck a student and that the student may have been knocked unconscious at the time. District administrators turned the matter over to the Juneau Police Department, filed a report with the Office of Children’s Services and are cooperating fully in the investigation. Two coaches have been placed on administrative leave pending the outcome of the investigation.

Superintendent Glenn Gelbrich issued the following statement, “We are deeply concerned about these allegations and the details that are emerging regarding this incident. We are concerned further that this incident went unreported for nearly nine months. The Juneau School District has higher expectations of our staff and coaches who we entrust with our students.”

1. C Morgan

I wasn’t sure of the exact responsibilities or limits of a school board vs. superintendents. Or which holds more power, and thus most liability in wrongdoing. So I found a clear general explanation & thought I’d pass on to clarify for any others that weren’t certain of.

•Boards have three primary functions: Governance, Executive and Judicial.
      -Governance functions provides for the Board to consider and approve or disapprove matters submitted to it by the Superintendent. In order to provide for continuity, and comply with laws and regulations, the Board establishes policies to govern district activities. Board bylaws provide a structure for the organization of the Board.
      -The Board exercises its executive functions through the superintendent who serves as the chief executive officer of the Board and is delegated the authority to carry out Board decisions. The Board retains ultimate responsibility for the performance of any powers or duties delegated.
      -The Board’s judicial functions provides for it to serve as a body of appeal for grievances, complaints and criticisms in accordance with Board policies and negotiated employee agreements.

• How do the School Board’s responsibilities differ from the superintendent’s?
      The School Board governs and the superintendent administers the district. The Board is responsible for setting policy and establishing goals for the school district. The superintendent works for the School Board and is the person who translates the policy into action. The superintendent and staff run the schools, making the day-to-day decisions that affect the operation of the school consistent with the goals and established by the School Board.

44. Alchemist

@snowcrow

Kudos to the Juno school district – they appear to have the right idea — had Steubenville taken a page out of their book, neither of us would be reading here, because what happened in Steubenville would not have become national, and even international news.