Hate to say it, but who didn’t see this one coming? I suppose the answer is obviously EVERYONE but Matt Belardine – otherwise he wouldn’t have gone off to Arizona sans probation officer approval, or gotten shit faced and assaulted protesters while being filmed. Looks like social media got Belardine once again. When are these people going to learn? That’s a rhetorical question because two years later and nothing has changed.
As a result, he is being held in the Jefferson County Jail until a hearing in front of Judge Patricia Cosgrove on Dec. 17.
The following are the violations:
- Defendant left the state of Ohio without written permission of his probation officer, contrary to his Community Control No. 3.
- Defendant was in a bar in Scottsdale, Ariz., contrary to his Community Control No. 7.
- Defendant consumed alcohol, contrary to his Community Control No. 7 and Community Control Special condition No. 17.
- Defendant was arrested and charged with a new violation of law in Scottsdale, contrary to his Community Control No. 1.
- Defendant did not conduct himself as a “responsible law abiding citizen” while in Scottsdale, contrary to his Community Control No. 1.
- Defendant failed to follow “all orders verbal or written,” given to him by his probation officer or other authorized representative of the Court, contrary to his Community Control No. 5.
All of the probation violations are pretty self-explanatory and from the looks of it, the attorney general’s office isn’t messing around. It will be interesting to see how Judge Cosgrove feels about seeing Mr, Belardine in her court again. #Steubenvillemade probably isn’t gonna cut it this time.by