I have been hesitant to write too much about the lies being told by Deric Lostutter because I didn’t want to come off as spiteful, and to be honest was fearful of retaliation by Deric Lostutter aka KYAnonymous as he has vowed to destroy anyone who speaks the truth about him…even if it means he must lie to do so. I feel that if I don’t speak out, then I become part of the problem. Deric Lostutter is now legally targeting me and others by filing restraining orders for speaking the truth. Make no mistake, Deric and the truth are strangers. Deric is living in some sort of warped dream world where he believes himself to be a hero who “solved the Steubenville rape case” and “uncovered the rape case cover-up in Steubenville Ohio in 2012 resulting in the indictment of multiple school officials.” This couldn’t be further from the truth, but it hasn’t stopped Deric from making these claims and using these statements as a way to profit from the rape of a 16-year old. Those who still support Deric lack the skills to do some research and find the truth about him.
The lies being told by Deric need to be exposed before he harms more people. Others who have spoken out against Deric have been harassed and threatened. In fact, he has filed retaliatory restraining orders in his state of North Carolina in an attempt to abuse the legal system and force his victims economic and personal hardship by having to travel to NC to defend his lies.
This is what happens when you speak out against Deric Lostutter:
- He has threatened to post revenge porn;
- He has retweeted revenge porn (even though he has used retweets in maliciously filed restraining orders as legal basis for harassment);
- He has threatened people’s children;
- He has threatened to sue for criminal harassment;
- He has lied to law enforcement to get criminal arrest warrants;
- He has threatened to rape;
- He has threatened acts of violence;
- He has exploited a rape victim for profit and public attention;
- He has doxed people by putting information out about their families and their personal lives and harmed innocent people with false information;
- He has threatened to never stop harassing and to send revenge porn to his victims’ children when they are grown;
- He has taken money from a disabled man for work he was to do and then threatened him when he did not perform the work he was paid for;
- He has threatened and harassed an autistic man online, even going so far as to purchase a domain name in his name to continue the harassment;
- He has viciously harassed and demeaned a woman because of her mental illness;
- He has posted the photographs of a woman’s minor child on a website he maintained to defame her;
- He has threatened to call CPS on various women on Twitter who have spoken out against him;
- He has defamed and harassed the family of Heather Elvis, a missing/murdered girl;
- He has threatened to rape a woman for leaving a negative comment on his blog post defaming the Elvis family;
- He has made accusations against someone for manufacturing child porn and falsely accused this person of being a pedophile;
- He has filed false criminal warrants in the state of NC using the legal system as a means of malicious prosecution and abuse of process;
- He has filed false allegations in restraining orders against those who have restraining orders against him using the legal system as a means of malicious prosecution and abuse of process;
- He has made threats to sue Twitter users for hurting his feelings and has used his malicious filings to subpoena Twitter account information;
- He has made threats to abuse the civil court system by forcing individuals to defend themselves in litigation;
- He has falsely accused someone of death threats because they retweeted a meme;
- He has threatened me while I was in the hospital recovering from colon resection surgery;
- He will extort you and call your employer to leave voicemails alleging that you are a danger to be around children;
- He will attempt to destroy your life and career for standing up to him;
…and the list goes on and on.
Recently, Deric retaliated against a woman in Jefferson County, Ohio who was forced to get a restraining order against him for harassing her and her children. He was also threatening to contact her employer and encouraged people on his Facebook page to contact her employer. When she applied for and was granted a 5-year restraining order against Deric, he went to his local law enforcement claiming that death threats were made and he was in fear for his life. Someone who claims to be fighting ISIS is in fear for his life…because someone favorited a negative tweet about him and defended herself against his vitriol? I would be more afraid that ISIS knew my personal information than someone who favorited a tweet that hurt my feels. Deric was able to convince a Magistrate in North Carolina to issue criminal arrest warrants for her and her partner. When you speak out against him – he will go to great lengths to seek vengeance.
Deric Lostutter has built a public persona based on the outright LIE that he “exposed the Steubenville rapists” or he “solved the Steubenville rape case”. That HE solved the case. HE did nothing of the sort. The case was solved long before Deric became involved as KYAnonymous. In October 2012, I was sued for defamation and Michelle took to Twitter to assist in finding legal counsel for me and in doing so had hashtagged the words #anonymous #freespeech. This caught the attention of #OPANTIBULLY and others involved in Anonymous, but it didn’t hit Deric’s radar until much later. An article appeared in the New York Times on December 16, 2012 and it is this article that Deric has stated he learned of the case. In January, someone from Steubenville who had saved the infamous Michael Nodianos video sent it to him. He did not hack anyone to retrieve it.
Deric did have a substantial presence in the Steubenville case when he was involved, and he did “weaponize the media”, but he did not single-handedly coordinate or plan the rallies that took place in Steubenville, Ohio as he has claimed. A very well known activist, Cassandra Fairbanks aka @CassandraRules and others were instrumental in planning and coordinating while Deric took credit for them. Master of Ceremonies and others planned and attended the rallies. Deric did not do it alone. Lostutter was involved with #OPROLLREDROLL for approximately three weeks and then disappeared, but continues to take credit for it all and while claiming that he “solved the Steubenville rape case”.
Deric claims that he was forced to out his true identity after he was raided by the FBI in April 2013. Not true. His identity was outed by Lee Stranahan on January 31, 2013. On June 6, 2013 Deric was the subject of an “exclusive” interview with Mother Jones in which he publicly identified himself.
Of note in this interview:
Lostutter may deserve more credit than anyone for turning Steubenville into a national outrage. After a 16-year-old girl was raped by two members of the Steubenville High football team last year, he obtained and published tweets and Instagram photos in which other team members had joked about the incident and belittled the victim. He now admits to being the man behind the mask in a video posted by another hacker on the team’s fan page, RollRedRoll.com, where he threatened action against the players unless they apologized to the girl. (The rapists were convicted in March.)
Deric did not obtain and publish tweets and Instagram photos. Those were posted long before he got involved, but that’s the story that Deric is sticking to. Deric also claims to be “facing federal charges” for his part in the Anonymous operation regarding the Steubenville case. There are no charges currently filed against Deric Lostutter. Calls to the FBI agent in charge of his case go unanswered as if no one even knows who Deric Lostutter is. Deric is not facing more time than the boys as there are NO CHARGES filed against him. Deric regularly brags about violating the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act via his social media platforms. Recently he claimed that he was hacking ISIS websites. Why isn’t a guy who regularly brags about breaking the law in jail? Why is a guy who claims to be under an active federal investigation and under federal surveillance bragging about breaking the law? Why is a guy who claims to be “fighting ISIS” filing restraining orders against people because they call him an asshole?
When I initially wrote about the Steubenville case it was because I was so angry and upset at how Jane Doe was being vilified online. I have learned a lot since August 22, 2012. I have spent many nights mulling over everything that happened and tried to imagine if I did this or that differently. Yes, I do have some regrets and I have tried to make things right with those I unintentionally hurt. It was never my intention to harm anyone, and I feel like no matter how much I apologize it will never be enough. And, as a result, I have promised to try to make things right, and part of that means trying to correct the lies that Deric Lostutter aka KYAnonymous’ maintains regarding Steubenville.
The following is reposted from a blog that was set up to document the activities of Deric Lostutter and to alert the general public about him. The only way to get information out there about Deric is to post proof and hope that people who read about him will research rather than believing everything that they were presented. The truth is Deric’s enemy. Everything on the blog is accompanied with proof of the allegations against him. I encourage you to read it and make your own INFORMED opinions about him. Deric has hurt so many people over the past few years with his lies and behavior. I know I can’t fix the world, and I can’t turn back the hands of time, but I can learn from my mistakes – and one of them is not speaking up about Deric Lostutter much sooner. For that, I am truly, truly sorry.
In closing, to those in Steubenville who were hurt or who were collateral damage because of my part in all of this, I sincerely apologize.
Donations Requested by Deric Lostutter from June 7, 2013 thru January 20, 2016:
- January 2, 2016 needs donations because his child was stillborn and had to close business for 2 weeks;
- January 4, 2016 requesting donations for stillborn child because he was closed;
- January 8, 2016 requesting donations to make a meditation room in his home for stillborn child;
- January 9, 2016 requesting donations to make a meditation room in his home for stillborn child;
- January 10, 2016 requesting donations to make a meditation room in his home for stillborn child;
- January 12, 2016 needs money to help them “continue to heal”;
- January 13, 2016 please give money, he still needs money to heal;
- January 16, 2016 please give money for meditation room;
- January 20, 2016 he needs $20,000 for a retainer to sue the internet;
- January 13, 2015 needs $640 to stay out of jail to pay for traffic fine driving uninsured;
- January 20, 2015 needs money for an “activism center” in Kentucky;
- January 26, 2015 needs $1,000 for an activism center in Kentucky;
- March 9, 2015 needs money for hotel rooms as he has moved to North Carolina;
- March 10, 2015 needs money for hotels, and to look for a job in North Carolina;
- March 11, 2015 needs money to provide for his wife and stepson (who does not live with them);
- March 26, 2015 needs money because he got fired;
- March 28, 2015 found a place to move into but needs $500 to pay rent;
- April 5, 2015 needs money to live on until his case is over in April 2017;
- April 6, 2015 needs money to live on while he looks for another job after he received $4,801 in March;
- April 12, 2015 needs money to convert an extra bedroom into office space while he looks for a job;
- April 13, 2015 needs money to keep knightsec.com operating so he can harass an autistic man;
- April 14, 2015 needs money for his uncertified pretend “PTSD dog” for vet bills;
- April 14, 2015 now he needs money for a defense fund against autistic man he harassed;
- April 15, 2015 needs donations even though he claims he had “25 clients this month”;
- April 26, 2015 needs money because he got fired for calling off at his new job after tooth pulled;
- October 11, 2015 needs money for a defense fund for child custody case of stepson;
- November 4, 2015 needs gas money because he is in Kentucky and only has $8;
- November 5, 2015 needs money for custody defense fund;
- November 12, 2015 needs money because he got MRSA on his foot and couldn’t open his business;
- November 28, 2015 needs money to purchase items for his unborn child;
- December 1.2015 needs you to send money to him because it is “Giving Tuesday”;
- December 11, 2015 claims trolls shut his business down and needs your money to live on;
- December 12, 2015 needs $1,000 to open his business in a new location in Walkertown, NC which turned out to be a house he rented;
- January 22, 2014 needs money for gas, food and other things;
- February 7, 2014 needs money for gas, food, etc.;
- April 10, 2014 needs donations to live on;
- April 11, 2014 needs money to pay for car insurance to get a job; (note on March 14 he bought engagement ring and on March 19 he took trip to FL with his fiance)
- April 12, 2014 needs $220 for car insurance;
- April 13, 2014 needs money to pay electric which is going to be shut off;
- April 14, 2014 got a job at Domino’s but needs money until he starts his job (please note next entry);
- April 14, 2014 came up with rent “barely” now being threatened with eviction because raided by FBI;
- April 17, 2014 needs money for water and power bill;
- April 17, 2014 needs $100 for the late fee on his rent;
- April 26, 2014 needs money because Dominos didn’t call him back for job and he needs you to pay his bills;
- April 27, 2014 needs money to support projectknightsec;
- April 2, 2014 needs money to prevent rape culture and make tshirts;
- May 20, 2014 needs money to combat heroin;
- May 30, 2014 needs money for projectknighsec so he can get speakers to DJ at bars;
- June 12, 2014 needs money is only $180 from having the money for PA speakers;
- June 20, 2014 needs $200 for PA system so he can DJ;
- June 30, 2014 needs money to move hot water heater in apartment leaked and he’s allergic to black mold;
- June 7, 2013 needs money for dog food, groceries and gas (June 1 he reported camping over the weekend);
- June 12, 2013 needs money to pay personal bills;
- June 27, 2013 needs money to “help make ends meet”;
- June 28, 2013 needs money for monthly bills;
- July 1, 2013 needs money to pay his monthly living expenses;
- July 11, 2013 needs money for groceries;
- July 13, 2013 needs $500 to launch his own business;
- August 5, 2013 needs $800 for an apartment as he and girlfriend have split;
- November 13, 2013 needs money for monthly expenses and groceries;
- December 1, 2013 needs items donated from his Amazon wish list;
- December 3, 2013 needs money for his “bills fund”;
- December 4, 2013 needs money for groceries until he gets last check from job;
- December 12, 2013 needs money for monthly expenses and fired from job;
- December 24, 2013 needs money instead of sending him Christmas cards;
Deric Lostutter has built a public persona based on the outright LIE that he “exposed the Steubenville rapists” or he “solved the Steubenville rape case”. Deric Lostutter did NOT coordinate or plan the rallies that took place in Steubenville, Ohio as he claims. A very well known activist, Cassandra Fairbanks aka @CassandraRules and others were instrumental in planning and coordinating while Deric took credit for them. Master of Ceremonies and others planned and attended the rallies. Deric did not. Lostutter was involved with #OPROLLREDROLL for approximately three weeks and then disappeared, but continues to take credit for it all and claims that he “solved the Steubenville rape case”.
Deric Lostutter uses the Steubenville case as a way to receive donations and gifts from people. For three years he has begged for money to pay his rent, court fines, baby items for his unborn child, and “copays” for medical treatment when he claimed to have gotten scabies from his cat. He has used the back of a rape victim to get goods and services and as a means of income.
Anonymous as a collective hates his guts because he is notorious for taking credit for the work of others just so he can milk it for publicity as he did in his recent interview for Fox 8 Winston-Salem. He claims to be “Anonymous” when it suits his agenda (publicity) and claims to be “former Anonymous” when discussing the “charges” against him. To be clear: THERE ARE NO CHARGES AGAINST DERIC LOSTUTTER. Lostutter was raided by the FBI for alleged violations of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, and to date, nearly 3 years later he brags publicly about illegal acts and has yet to be arrested. [Editor’s Note: On July 7, Deric Lostutter was federally indicted in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky.]
According to his FOX8 interview, Lostutter has taken credit for hacking and defacing ISIS websites. A quick review of Twitter will show what other Anon’s think of him and his lies.
“We hacked them and replaced their ads with Viagra ads, and that happened last week,” he said. “It’s not only effective, but it’s fun at the same time.” (Fox8, 2015)
Some fun facts about Deric Lostutter:
He cannot hack. Ever since he began affiliating with Anonymous he has asked others to do things for him, and then took credit for their work. Deric did not hack rollredroll.com the Steubenville High School fansite. An individual who went by the name JustBatCat guessing the password as he admitted in an interview with the Herald Star, a Steubenville, Ohio publication.
It was not a hack that involved cracking deep into code but relied on a combination of good luck and poor security measures. “I was able to get into his Comcast account by answering his ‘forgot your password’ (security) question correctly. His (the site owner’s security) answer was ‘Big Red,’ Noah said. “I then just used that to get into the web hosting (account).” – See more at: http://www.heraldstaronline.com/page/content.detail/id/582917/Man-who-took-control-of-fan-website-talks.html?nav=5010#sthash.S2UWi8cd.dpuf
Deric then accessed the control panel leaving behind the digital footprint of his IP address. He also accessed the site owner’s email account and published photographs from his account claiming that he was a “pedophile” which was an outright lie. Deric removed photographs of females in various stages of undress from his victim’s email account and posted the photographs of these unnamed women online and for public consumption. He then accused his victim of being a pedophile and exploited these unnamed women by publishing their photographs on the internet. He also accused him of having nude photographs of a high profile minor sexual assault victim. Later when it was determined that none of these women were minors, Lostutter never apologized for trying to ruin this man’s reputation.
Deric Lostutter DID NOT “expose the Steubenville rapists”. Deric Lostutter did not become involved in the case until December 2012. The accused boys were arrested on August 22, 2012 months before Deric Lostutter became involved with #OPROLLREDROLL. Lostutter also exposed the real name of the Steubenville Jane Doe by releasing unredacted court documents.
Deric Lostutter also worked with Commander X aka Christopher Doyon to post third party crowd sourced information on a site called Local Leaks. The information posted was mostly inaccurate and rather than correct the information or remove it, Lostutter chose to leave it there and further damaged minors and their families with the erroneous information. Doyon is not a reliable source and has been known to make statements that American soldiers should all die.
But he worked in parallel with the website Local Leaks, a Wikileaks-style website that compiled many of these same tips into a big dossier called the Steubenville Files. Local Leaks is run by Christopher Doyon, also known as “Commander X,” a longtime Anonymous hacktivist who made a dramatic escape to Canada from California in 2010 to avoid federal hacking charges. He’s been on the lam ever since. Doyon is not a reliable source. Once, he boasted to me in an interview that he had access to “Every classified database in the U.S.” Still, Doyon’s site became a go-to information source for many interested in the Steubenville story, its claims repeated widely by respectablenewsblogs (Gawker, 2013).
Deric Lostutter started a 2-man op #OPHOCKING claiming that he was in “direct contact” with a rape victim and attempted to get her interviews with local media after she accused five football players of sexually assaulting her. Deric used Twitter to attack and harass cheerleaders, football players, coaches, teachers, administrators and prospective students of the college. He even went so far as to accuse a Hocking College coach of sex crimes which was untrue. He never removed the information or apologized. Charges against the accused individuals were not filed by the prosecutor as the victim’s story was not consistent with his findings in the investigation as reported by 10TV. Lostutter has deleted all of the OPHOCKING tweets from his account.
Deric Lostutter has threatened, intimidated and harassed customers who have given him negative reviews on Google, and on his Facebook page. Lostutter has taken advantage of a man with disabilities by taking his money and promising that he would assist him in a complaint against his university; which he was unqualified to do and ultimately took the $250 and provided nothing to this gentleman. Lostutter harassed and threatened an autistic man and bought a domain in his name to further harass and threaten him. He has ripped off veterans at his cell phone repair store and called them “dicks” when they complained about not getting their phone repaired in a timely manner. When cornered, Deric makes threats and has even gone so far as to threaten to rape a woman and have his “girl” stab her in her face for her making a meme about him.
Deric Lostutter currently has a 5-year restraining order against him for criminally harassing an Ohio woman. He was to appear in Jefferson County Court on December 10 to defend himself against the allegations. However, he requested a continuance and failed to show for the hearing. The magistrate granted a 5-year restraining order. In retaliation for SC filing the temporary restraining order, Deric filed a criminal arrest warrant. He was able to convince an 80 year old Magistrate in North Carolina to swear out criminal warrants against the woman and her partner. Lostutter also retweeted revenge porn.
But that wasn’t the end of it. Deric filed civil restraining orders against his victims and was not truthful in his complaint. He alleged that his victims threatened death, and this is an absolute lie. In fact, the tweet he was referring to was a retweet and one of his victims “favorited” the tweet. The photo said “snitches get stitches”. I am not an attorney, but this is absolutely not a threat and “favoriting” a tweet is not making contact with the intent to harass.
These are tweets that Deric Lostutter sent to his victim on October 12, 2015:
@s4mij0 you will get yours my friend. I will ensure that. Real life isn’t but a tweet away
@S4MIJ0 I will wait till your son and daughter are of age, and I will give to them a file of all your fuckery, stalking, nudes etc
@S4MIJ0 and when they disown you and put you in a home, I will make sure that your care takers know what a pathetic waste of life are
Deric is now threatening myself and others with restraining orders filed in North Carolina. It costs nothing to file a restraining order, and Deric is free to abuse the legal system with the sole purpose of using it as a tool for retaliation and harassment. His behavior is intentionally malicious.
Deric Lostutter claimed that he had to do porn because he was almost homeless. He contacted Tracy Clark-Fory at salon.com via email to tell her, “I am firing my lawyer, wondering if you wanted to break the story, homelessness and sexwork involved.” Lostutter claimed he was desperate for work, which he blamed on his former lawyer and his “newfound notoriety.” The reporter stated that Deric admitted to her that he wasn’t doing porn because he was homeless, but because he wanted to.
So, Lostutter and his brand-new wife have started doing pornographic webcam shows on Chaturbate. “It’s resorted to the point where we wanted to go ahead and explore the option of web porn,” says Lostutter. “There’s definitely nothing wrong with that in my opinion. We’re two consenting adults.” I asked him to expand upon the thought process that led to this decision and he said, “If we’re doing it for free anyway and we’re having fun doing it and people are paying to watch it then why not if it’ll help out with a bill here and there?” But later in our conversation, Lostutter emphasized that they are doing it because they want to. “We do it because we like to do it,” he said. “But if it makes money, it makes money.
His wife’s Chaturbate profile reads, “I’m 28, Dominican and Black. I love to be on top, dominate. Stripper by day, vixen by night. I love giving head, it turns me on.” Lostutter’s bio: “I enjoy club life, craft beers, tequila and bourbon. I am addicted to tattoos, action movies, and nature. Im a self described ‘nerd’ and love good conversation. I like rough sex, definately an ‘ass man.’” They include a link to an Amazon wish list — which includes a crock pot, a quesadilla maker and a riding crop, among other things — and promise to reward gifts with everything from a thank you card to “A full private cum show for your eyes only!” In a recent show, the pair sat on a couch, her in red stockings and a thong, and him in army-print boxers. She gave him a blow job while chat room commenters responded with things like, “wow” and “luv it.”(Salon, 2015)
Link to some of their porn can be found here. WARNING: NSFW
Deric Lostutter also stalked and harassed a California woman on behalf of his client, and posted photographs of her minor son online on behalf of his client Marcus Collardin who claimed that she had committed fetal kidnapping. Collardin had filed a paternity suit against his ex-girlfriend in an attempt to prove that her unborn child was his. It was later determined by DNA that the child did not belong to him, but that didn’t stop Lostutter from further defaming her on a blog he contributes to. Lostutter maintained a website defaming her until he was court ordered to remove the material. He then publicly announced that he would sell the domain back to his victim.
There is SO much more that could be posted about Deric and the life he has built on outright lies, and his frauds against innocent people. The bottom line is media needs to vet and do their research on Lostutter before using him as a spokesman for Anonymous and about his part in the Steubenville rape case.by