There is no “polite” way to say this, but Deric Lostutter is an asshole. To be honest, I’m just not going to beat around the bush as far as he is concerned. He has made threats to me and to others, and I don’t owe him the courtesy of being polite or politically correct. He certainly has gone out of his way to be an asshole. Those that have been victimized by him for years know it, and those who still believe his fabricated tales of solving a rape case and unearthing a cover-up need to do their research on him. He is not a hero and he has used the rape of a young girl as a way to make a living from donations for nearly 4 years.
Deric has now decided that he is going to sue and take out restraining orders on people for calling him names on the internet, specifically a group of people calling themselves #SETG who mostly post cat pictures and goof off on Twitter. SETG stands for “Super Extreme Twitter Gang”. It’s not a “gang” and it certainly is not a national security threat, unless posting pictures of glitter butt plugs is more important than apprehending real criminals. Perhaps like a certain someone who violates the Computer Fraud & Abuse Act as Deric has admitted doing in the past? SETG is not a “gang” in terms of what the FBI considers a “gang”, such as the organization that Deric openly affiliates himself with. The long and short of it is that Deric didn’t like being made fun of so being the vindictive asshole that he is, he reported this “organized hate group” to his local FBI field office and has vowed to sue them all. Not only has he vowed to sue any anonymous Twitter users for making fun of him, he is also filing restraining orders in his home state like his ass is on fire. Why not? It’s free to file a restraining order in North Carolina and he is taking full advantage of the freebies. Kind of like he always does.
Deric also claims that “trolls” ruined his business and forced him to close up shop. The truth of the matter is, Deric isn’t a very good businessman, and judging from the online interactions with his unsatisfied customers, he wasn’t very nice or professional to them. Also, one has to have their doors open to make a living when self-employed. Deric recently swore under oath at a hearing for restraining order against him that he made $700 a day. It’s hard to believe that someone making $700 a day would blame “trolls” for lack of business and just close up shop…unless he lied under oath. SURELY, he wouldn’t lie under oath! (That’s sarcasm by the way, because Deric Lostutter wouldn’t know the truth if it slapped him in the face.)
Deric has recently started yet another donation fund to raise $20,000 for which I believe is a retainer for his attorney to initiate civil suits. However, he is representing himself pro se in the filing of his malicious and embellished restraining orders…because those are free. Deric has also threatened to file a restraining order against me and several others. Remember…those are FREE! To the individuals having to defend themselves against his false claims it becomes a giant pain in the arse. They have to endure the economic hardship of hiring a North Carolina attorney, loss of time off work and expenses incurred for traveling to North Carolina to defend themselves because he is abusing the legal system. Currently, there are two restraining orders filed in North Carolina against a woman who had to obtain a restraining order in Ohio against Deric because he threatened her and her children. Are his restraining orders retaliatory in nature? Why, yes…yes, they are.
So, back to Deric’s donation drive to sue everyone. This isn’t the first time that Deric has asked the public to pay his way in life. Far from it. Nor is it the first time that he has threatened to sue people.
Donations Requested by Deric Lostutter from June 7, 2013 thru January 20, 2016:
- January 2, 2016 needs donations because his child was stillborn and had to close business for 2 weeks;
- January 4, 2016 requesting donations for stillborn child because he was closed;
- January 8, 2016 requesting donations to make a meditation room in his home for stillborn child;
- January 9, 2016 requesting donations to make a meditation room in his home for stillborn child;
- January 10, 2016 requesting donations to make a meditation room in his home for stillborn child;
- January 12, 2016 needs money to help them “continue to heal”;
- January 13, 2016 please give money, he still needs money to heal;
- January 16, 2016 please give money for meditation room;
- January 20, 2016 he needs $20,000 for a retainer to sue the internet;
- January 21, 2016 needs money to sue the internet;
- January 25, 2016 needs $20,000 to sue the internet;
- January 27, 2016 printing reams and reams of screenshots gets expensive, needs money to sue internet;
- January 29, 2016 needs money to sue the internet;
- January 31, 2016 needs money to sue Twitter;
- January 13, 2015 needs $640 to stay out of jail to pay for traffic fine driving uninsured;
- January 20, 2015 needs money for an “activism center” in Kentucky;
- January 26, 2015 needs $1,000 for an activism center in Kentucky;
- March 9, 2015 needs money for hotel rooms as he has moved to North Carolina;
- March 10, 2015 needs money for hotels, and to look for a job in North Carolina;
- March 11, 2015 needs money to provide for his wife and stepson (who does not live with them);
- March 26, 2015 needs money because he got fired;
- March 28, 2015 found a place to move into but needs $500 to pay rent;
- April 5, 2015 needs money to live on until his case is over in April 2017;
- April 6, 2015 needs money to live on while he looks for another job after he received $4,801 in March;
- April 12, 2015 needs money to convert an extra bedroom into office space while he looks for a job;
- April 13, 2015 needs money to keep knightsec.com operating so he can harass an autistic man;
- April 14, 2015 needs money for his uncertified pretend “PTSD dog” for vet bills;
- April 14, 2015 now he needs money for a defense fund against autistic man he harassed;
- April 15, 2015 needs donations even though he claims he had “25 clients this month”;
- April 26, 2015 needs money because he got fired for calling off at his new job after tooth pulled;
- October 11, 2015 needs money for a defense fund for child custody case of stepson;
- November 4, 2015 needs gas money because he is in Kentucky and only has $8;
- November 5, 2015 needs money for custody defense fund;
- November 12, 2015 needs money because he got MRSA on his foot and couldn’t open his business;
- November 28, 2015 needs money to purchase items for his unborn child;
- December 1.2015 needs you to send money to him because it is “Giving Tuesday”;
- December 11, 2015 claims trolls shut his business down and needs your money to live on;
- December 12, 2015 needs $1,000 to open his business in a new location in Walkertown, NC which turned out to be a house he rented;
- January 22, 2014 needs money for gas, food and other things;
- February 7, 2014 needs money for gas, food, etc.;
- April 10, 2014 needs donations to live on;
- April 11, 2014 needs money to pay for car insurance to get a job; (note on March 14 he bought engagement ring and on March 19 he took trip to FL with his fiance)
- April 12, 2014 needs $220 for car insurance;
- April 13, 2014 needs money to pay electric which is going to be shut off;
- April 14, 2014 got a job at Domino’s but needs money until he starts his job (please note next entry);
- April 14, 2014 came up with rent “barely” now being threatened with eviction because raided by FBI;
- April 17, 2014 needs money for water and power bill;
- April 17, 2014 needs $100 for the late fee on his rent;
- April 26, 2014 needs money because Dominos didn’t call him back for job and he needs you to pay his bills;
- April 27, 2014 needs money to support projectknightsec;
- April 2, 2014 needs money to prevent rape culture and make tshirts;
- May 20, 2014 needs money to combat heroin;
- May 30, 2014 needs money for projectknighsec so he can get speakers to DJ at bars;
- June 12, 2014 needs money is only $180 from having the money for PA speakers;
- June 20, 2014 needs $200 for PA system so he can DJ;
- June 30, 2014 needs money to move hot water heater in apartment leaked and he’s allergic to black mold;
- June 7, 2013 needs money for dog food, groceries and gas (June 1 he reported camping over the weekend);
- June 12, 2013 needs money to pay personal bills;
- June 27, 2013 needs money to “help make ends meet”;
- June 28, 2013 needs money for monthly bills;
- July 1, 2013 needs money to pay his monthly living expenses;
- July 11, 2013 needs money for groceries;
- July 13, 2013 needs $500 to launch his own business;
- August 5, 2013 needs $800 for an apartment as he and girlfriend have split;
- November 13, 2013 needs money for monthly expenses and groceries;
- December 1, 2013 needs items donated from his Amazon wish list;
- December 3, 2013 needs money for his “bills fund”;
- December 4, 2013 needs money for groceries until he gets last check from job;
- December 12, 2013 needs money for monthly expenses and fired from job;
- December 24, 2013 needs money instead of sending him Christmas cards;
Speaking of donations, Deric recently tried to insult me because a friend set up a youcaring fund for me after I had colon resection surgery – which he referred to as “some kind of anal surgery”. I have never asked for donations before, but am so grateful to my friend who stepped up to create the fund, and to the people who donated because I wouldn’t have been able to stay in my apartment without the kindness of these people. Donations are meant to help in time of need, not to pay for and support a grown ass man. As you can see from the above list of donations that I was able to find documentation for, Deric asks for money from strangers…A LOT. Deric even claimed to have gotten scabies from a cat and asked for donations to pay for medicine to treat his cat scabies. I couldn’t find a screenshot of that or the date, so I didn’t include it. I’m sure I missed a lot of donation requests, but if anyone has screenshots or dates, I would be happy to edit the list.
In Deric’s latest donation drive he has made some statements which are embellished (I’m trying not to use inflammatory words, here, but yeah he lied and he is an asshole).
You may remember Deric Lostutter as the vigilante activist that uncovered the rape case cover-up in Steubenville Ohio in 2012 resulting in the indictment of multiple school officials.
Deric did not uncover the rape case cover up. His participation in the case did not result in any new evidence or any new charges, but he did cause fear and a chilling effect for potential witnesses who were too afraid to come forward with information because of his threats using Anonymous as his weapon against them.
Deric has since encountered many hardships due to stalking and harassment of his family in retaliation for his activism after being unmasked in this widely circulated Rolling Stone Magazine article:
Deric was “unmasked” by Lee Stranahan in January 2013. Deric voluntarily “unmasked” himself later in an “exclusive” interview with Mother Jones six (6) months later. Deric was not “unmasked” in the Rolling Stone article which was not published until November 27, 2013.
Deric’s financial hardships have most likely been brought on himself and as stated above, in December he swore under oath that he made $700 per day. As one can ascertain from the partial list of donations above, Deric Lostutter has not been financially harmed by his “trolls” as people are still making donations to him. In fact, Deric himself has posted screenshots in the past bragging about making over $24,000 in 2014 via received donations.
Deric has a long history of threatening lawsuits. He threatened to sue his ex-girlfriend for accusing him of rape; he threatened to sue one of his customers for leaving a negative review; he threatened to sue a Kentucky photographer, and there are probably a lot more that I am forgetting, but Deric’s threats to sue aren’t something new. He has been paid to harass and terrorize women. Deric doesn’t have $20,000 for legal fees for civil litigation, so he has resorted to abusing the Forsyth County Court system in Winston-Salem, NC by filing FREE restraining orders. It’s an asshole way to keep people from telling the truth about him.
Deric threatened me while I was in the hospital recovering from colon resection surgery. He has made jabs at me many times online because I can’t have children. It’s mean-spirited and really ignorant of him to think that not having children makes a woman any less important in society, but I’m not off filing a restraining order just because Deric Lostutter is a misogynistic asshole. He has been absolutely ruthless to others online referring to them as schizophrenic, or posting criminal records that belong to someone else while claiming it is the woman he was harassing. She didn’t run off and file a restraining order.
Deric has used his federal charges (which do not exist) as a basis to seek donations as evidenced by this screenshot. This particular screenshot was to raise donations to pay for court fines for driving without automobile insurance. Note how he states “sky, is currently organizing a crowd funding event to keep me out of jail next Monday, because it could add time to my federal sentence”. This is absolutely untrue. THERE ARE NO PENDING FEDERAL CHARGES and per the 2011 Federal Sentencing Guidelines, sentences for prior offenses such as minor traffic infractions, are NEVER COUNTED towards a federal sentence or adding additional time to it.
Deric refers to himself as a “Constitutionalist”, yet is attempting to stifle free speech by abusing the judicial system. Folks…now that’s an ASSHOLE.